Question for guys who grew frontal hair using Propecia and Rogaine?

Way2Go

I've been using Propecia and Rogaine foam for about a month and a half now, and I still see some fallout, but it does seem like it's getting less and less. So hopefully it will stop completely.

My question is for guys who grew frontal hair, mainly around the hairline area, using Propecia and Rogaine foam. I was just wondering when you first noticed it and how it looked when it started growing? I was inspecting my hairline, which has always looked like it was receding, but is definitely getting worse nowadays and I noticed what appeared to be hair regrowing in the front and side hairline region. My hair in the front has always been a light blonde color, so it makes it harder to see, but it almost looks like I guess what some might call peach fuzz, I'd actually say it looks a little longer than just fuzz though. I was just wondering if that's how your hair looked when it started to regrow, or if I'm just getting excited for no reason? Also, there's definitely more than just a few hairs.

I personally think its crazy for us to gauge drug effectiveness by 'how much fallout you can see'.

Even if you have no hairloss problems, you will still have hair falling out.

Thats normal.

I find it almost funny when people say 'oh it stopped falling out etc' - I think thats crap.

The drugs wotn stop it falling out, they will just ensure it GROWS BACK from where it fell out.

No drug will prevent the normal cycle of hair falling out - we can only hope that it helps follicles push out new hair, instead of dieing off and not producing anything.

So my advice is to not stress over how much you see in the brush, or on your pillow, or in the shower - normal procedure.

Just hope its coming back

Hi

Propecia did and has kept my hair from falling out. It reduces the DHT levels in the body thus preventing the DHT sensitive hairs from minuturizing ( and falling out ). Give yourself 12 months on the treatment and then make your assessment.. The hairs in the front which grew backfor me started as fine hairs and then got thicker.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hey bud

I was the same as mr jobi , he has his discription spot on , looking back i had shed quiet alot of hair , my scalp looked very thin in photos at this time so I buzzed my hair completely off , ungaurded clip and over the next 6 months i let it grow back and it had definatly grown healthier and looked thicker .

If i look back at photos now there is an excelent improvement in the front and over the top of my scalp , my crown showed little improvement so i had 2100 grafts with Dr Feller in nov 2007

below are pics from june 2006 when i started on propecia (I'm now on proscar , financial reasons )and in nov 2007 just before my surgery ,you can see the improvment in the overall condition of my hair ,please note though were my hair was at its thinnest , around the crowns i had very little improvment

June06.jpg51.jpg

hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007