Exercise and HT (Deadlift & Shrugs)

About how long until I can do exercises like:

Deadlift

Power Clean

and Shrugs.

The first thing my doctor said was no exercises that forces your head down (which acouple of these do) so when can I start doing them again? Thanks

About how long until I can do exercises like:

Deadlift

Power Clean

and Shrugs.

The first thing my doctor said was no exercises that forces your head down (which acouple of these do) so when can I start doing them again? Thanks

Guest Cousin_It

Jsw...

I would definitely stay away from these, especially if a heavy weight is used, for several months after a transplant.

Though your donor scar may appear to have healed, it takes several months before the underlying strength of the scar tissue is equivalent to the adjoining tissue. During this period undue stress caused by stretching can cause an elongation of the scar tissue.

hi,

just to add a comment on that. i lift weights - mostly free weights- and i was very careful after my ht, especially with deadlifts, squats etc. However, i experienced the most pressure on donor area with the leg press (vertical) with heavy weights. I really do not know if it was symptomatic or not, or just my case, but did not use it for about 2 1/2 months after my ht while normally doing all the rest, but when i went back to it after the above time period, i noticed little blood on donor area when i went home that night.13 weeks after my ht, i hesitate using it, and for legs i stick to squats, leg extensions, calf raises, hams curls and so.