Dart's Swelling Adventure - Day 5

Dart

Day 5! Haven't posted for a few days because I've been battling the alien syndrome. The purpose of this post is to document what it was like for the few people that get severe swelling.

Surgery Day - Nadda - Very good looking as always just had a funny haircut

Day 1 - Flew back home - center of forehead started puffing out by the time I got back home that night

Day 2 - Entire forehead was puffed out

Day 3 - Swelling drifted down to lower forehead and the top of the eyes (difficult to see)

Day 4 - Swelling drifted down to nose and bottom of the eyes/cheeks (still difficult to see)

Day 5 (today) - Minor swelling in the cheeks but almost back to normal

Now that I'm back to normal almost I'll hopefully start getting those pictures up. I took multiple pictures each day so that the next guy it happens to can relax. There was no permanent effect. I just looked realllllly ugly for a few days.

ps: If anyone GUARANTEES that you can go back to work the next day and look normal feel free to tell them they are lying. Swelling aparently doesn't happen to everyone but in my case it would have been beyond obvious. Luckily I took 2 1/2 weeks off work and was warned beforehand that swelling was a possibility.

Dart

Day 5! Haven't posted for a few days because I've been battling the alien syndrome. The purpose of this post is to document what it was like for the few people that get severe swelling.

Surgery Day - Nadda - Very good looking as always just had a funny haircut

Day 1 - Flew back home - center of forehead started puffing out by the time I got back home that night

Day 2 - Entire forehead was puffed out

Day 3 - Swelling drifted down to lower forehead and the top of the eyes (difficult to see)

Day 4 - Swelling drifted down to nose and bottom of the eyes/cheeks (still difficult to see)

Day 5 (today) - Minor swelling in the cheeks but almost back to normal

Now that I'm back to normal almost I'll hopefully start getting those pictures up. I took multiple pictures each day so that the next guy it happens to can relax. There was no permanent effect. I just looked realllllly ugly for a few days.

ps: If anyone GUARANTEES that you can go back to work the next day and look normal feel free to tell them they are lying. Swelling aparently doesn't happen to everyone but in my case it would have been beyond obvious. Luckily I took 2 1/2 weeks off work and was warned beforehand that swelling was a possibility.

Dart

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ps: If anyone GUARANTEES that you can go back to work the next day and look normal feel free to tell them they are lying. Swelling aparently doesn't happen to everyone but in my case it would have been beyond obvious. Luckily I took 2 1/2 weeks off work and was warned beforehand that swelling was a possibility.

Wise words. Good Luck !!

NW

You were smart to schedule plenty of time off. Anyone who thinks they are going to be comfortable at work 3 days after a HT is really taking a chance. You really need around 7 days of just laying on the sofa with an icepack handy.

Not necessarily. I took two weeks off, but that's because I can't wear a hat where I work. But I was far from laid up in bed. I went to Miami and had a great time. I went to the beach, restaurants, clubs and shopping. I just had to wear a hat all the time. If you can do this at work, 3 days should be fine. If you can't wear a hat, I would definitely recommend the full 2 weeks.

He, your swelling story resembles mine after my first HT. My eyes where shut too for a day or so.

After my second HT the Dr. gave me a steriods shot and I did have virtually no swelling.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Dart,

thanks for being honest ... hope everything gets better... these forums dont make sense if we are not honest to each other.

IMO, swelling, pain, scar, are all dependent on lots of things - surgeon, number of grafts (trauma), proper care(icepack), rest, etc.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

I swell real bad too! icon_frown.gif This last time, when I got 1700+ FU's in August, I had a real odd swelling pattern because I mostly slept on my left side. I did this because of donor area tenderness and because I had a donor scar repair behind my right ear and did not want to lay on either. I essentially medicated up and did not move all night. The left side of my face puffed-out WAY more than the right! Hard to describe how weird this looked....yuk! icon_redface.gif

trying2moveahead