Let's talk Aloe Vera

rp1979

OK, with all the hype about aloe vera from people such as Spex and Bill, I made a trip to WholeFoods and bought myself a bottle of 99% unscented aloe vera jelly. For a couple of days, I'm been applying it to my donor closure as well as other parts of my body. My number one question this:

Why do so many people say that aloe vera MOISTURIZES?!! Maybe I bought the wrong kind of aloe vera, but from my experience, the aloe vera gel that I'm using has a rather DRYING effect on the skin!! Have you guys experienced this?. If so, it is suppose to be good for you?

OK, with all the hype about aloe vera from people such as Spex and Bill, I made a trip to WholeFoods and bought myself a bottle of 99% unscented aloe vera jelly. For a couple of days, I'm been applying it to my donor closure as well as other parts of my body. My number one question this:

Why do so many people say that aloe vera MOISTURIZES?!! Maybe I bought the wrong kind of aloe vera, but from my experience, the aloe vera gel that I'm using has a rather DRYING effect on the skin!! Have you guys experienced this?. If so, it is suppose to be good for you?

Hi RP

I am a big advocate of Aloe Vera too. For my third HT, i used some A.V. shampoo which i got from the health food store and washed my donor area well everyday.. It has healed about 30% faster than y previous 2 HT's.

I know what you mean about the drying effect and I am not sure why? I just used it more..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

rp1979,

Are you sure you are not confusing the dry flakes of the Aloe Vera with your skin making it appear to be dry? Aloe is a natural moisturizer, but maybe it doesn't have the same effect for everyone?

Not sure bro. I guess if you don't feel it works for you, don't use it icon_wink.gif

Bill

Thanks JOBI for your comment.

Are you sure you are not confusing the dry flakes of the Aloe Vera with your skin making it appear to be dry?

OK, thanks, that is useful about the flaking. That is something I did not know. I was under the impression that applying aloe gel to the skin would "feel" like applying a neutrogena moisturizing lotion to the skin... I've learnt now that it feels totally different.

Not sure bro. I guess if you don't feel it works for you, don't use it icon_wink.gif

I just started using the stuff a couple of days ago as described above so don't know if it's working thus my reason for asking.

But Thanks for stating the obvious, bro.icon_wink.gif