want to get on propecia

glvin

Hi, I am 29. I started loss hair since 25. I am so regret that I did not act quick when I notice it. Now I want to go with propecia. But I heard that propecia will not work on both side of the hair line. Will that work on my stage? or maybe I will think about HT. about my situation, how many craft I need to make me look better? Cost? I don't know what to do. I just want to get an idea before I walk in to a doctor. Thank you very much!!!

35.jpg.92d0b8718c8b364815a13eb46f487269.jpg

Hi, I am 29. I started loss hair since 25. I am so regret that I did not act quick when I notice it. Now I want to go with propecia. But I heard that propecia will not work on both side of the hair line. Will that work on my stage? or maybe I will think about HT. about my situation, how many craft I need to make me look better? Cost? I don't know what to do. I just want to get an idea before I walk in to a doctor. Thank you very much!!!

Where are you located geographically speaking?

Propecia will slow down your hair loss or even maybe stop it and regrow a little of your hair in the best cases. You have come to the best place for your research, spend time reading the posts, explore the www.hairtransplantnetwork.com which was created by the same person who started this forum, you will find the best ways to deal with your hair loss right here.

Keep us posted on your progress.

I would think long and hard before I got a hair transplant. I was 27 when I had one it was the worst mistake of my life. Although it was 1987 and they say the procedures are different today than they were then i would still really think about it. The hair transplant had a negative effect on me and now whereever I go 99% of the time I wear a baseball cap or get stared at because of the hair plugs. I am about to go on propecia and am already on rogaine and just waiting for some miracle drug or maybe hair multiplication to come available. The picture of your hairline is not that bad. The concern you may have now because of your hairloss in my opinion would double if you had a hair transplant

Guest Cousin_It

Like the other guys said you are not that bad. I would seriously consider using drugs at this point and see what happens. Propecia is an option but you should consult with one of the coalition doctors, have you scalp mapped for miniaturization and get an idea of what is to come. I would also suggest you start Rogaine foam to try to regrow some of your loss. This routine alone may be able to do the trick and save you the expense of surgery. Give this at least 6-9 months before you consider surgery again.

glvin,

You would be wise to get on propecia asap, keep in mind you will need to stay on it. It will help stop the hairloss from progressing and may regrow some of the lost hair. Minoxidil or rogaine will help stimulate some regrowth on the crown but not usually in the temples.

Looking at your photo, I actually think you may be a very good candidate for a hair transplant, it is the only way to rebuild your hairline and fill in the top. The medications will help maintain what you have left.

If your family history looks bad in regards to amount of hairloss, your HT surgeon can determine the best course of action. A good surgeon will look into your future to see where you need coverage now and into the future.

You can figure on spending from 6 to 20 thousand dollars depending on number of surgeries and grafts as a rough estimate.

Do your research for a few weeks on this and other sites before you make any decision, there are many wise old (bald) heads on this site.

Slinhub's advice is to not consider HT, I disagree. I had two HTs, one with old plug techniques in the early 1980's and one too repair that in 2001. The repair was to camoflage the bad work. I can certainly appreciate having to wear a hat to cover the plugs as I used to have to go thru that and I still do to some extent. The techiques from 1987 to today are like night and day. A good HT surgeon using the latest techniques would do a great job for you.

You too Slinhub, I believe a repair job can really help your outlook on the HT overall. I am sure the old plugwork you had can be fixed, it is a shame many of us went that route without the knowledge of what we were really going to get. The internet has really helped change this and I think had it been around in the 1980's, very few or nobody would have gotten hair plugs!

NoBuzz