Donor Scar?

I had 1600 grafts on July 3rd (I am 2 and a half months past surgery). The donor scar in the back is still pink which is ok. Problem is --I have a 1 inch stripe of thinning hair underneath my scar. It is pretty noticeable. I really noticed it yesterday after my second haircut after the surgery. The stripe spans the entire scar.

Is this just shock loss that can grow back?

Is this just normal thinning of the hair from stretching the scalp?

I ruled out the shaved part of my head not growing in yet b/c all the hair on the back of my head is the same length now.

I had 1600 grafts on July 3rd (I am 2 and a half months past surgery). The donor scar in the back is still pink which is ok. Problem is --I have a 1 inch stripe of thinning hair underneath my scar. It is pretty noticeable. I really noticed it yesterday after my second haircut after the surgery. The stripe spans the entire scar.

Is this just shock loss that can grow back?

Is this just normal thinning of the hair from stretching the scalp?

I ruled out the shaved part of my head not growing in yet b/c all the hair on the back of my head is the same length now.

I even had some hairs (below the scar) acting funny... They were sticking straight out- at 4 months I got a haircut, and all was normal again. I think that patch of hair must have been kinked or something. Very odd... Anyway- never fear- Just hang in there guys!

Wow,,

I thought I was the only one.

The hairs are bent or kinked in the donor region just at the top 1/4 of each hair. (After three months growth).

I wonder if this was from the way the hair was parted back for the strip removal?

Anyway, I'm due for my monthly haircut and this should be the month that the last bit of kink should be trimmed off.

Also, I too have shock to my donor strip and am monitoring it DAILY.

Well I'm only 3 days post-op and I was out driving the car. I had to back up and turned around rather quickly and felt a pain at the suture line in the very back. It is still feeling a little tender as I'm writing this. I hope I didn't mess anything up. The exterior stitches seem fine. I hope the inner ones are OK.

My donor scar felt great for the first 6 weeks, outside of soreness and slight loss of sensitivity. At around week 7, it became irritable, and i itched back there and bled. It was just slight bleeding, but very disconcerting. It then felt tender for about 3 more weeks, but now at week 13 it feels fine again. I was thinking that one of the reasons may have been that the hair along the hairline was trying to grow at strange angles and perhaps there was even some hair growing in the scar area. I was thinking that because the hair on the sides of my head is very thick, and when the donor area was closed, it wouldn't have surprised me if hair was closed into the area. I might be nuts, but it seemed to make sense. Everything is fine now, but that was a momentary scare, because I think the scar is one of the most important parts of the procedure.

Good luck.

Manko