bad hair transplant experience in australia

I started losing my hair when i was 17 years old and I am now 32. I had my first hair procedure when I was 24 years of age. Some 7 procedures later I believe I am an expert in the field of hair transplantation. In my early years I visited 2 people whom are part of the International society of hair surgeons (winners of many awards) . I felt assured that if any could help me these people could. Not less to say all they were interested in was the my money and poor work. As I have stated these people are acclaimed within the industry. The best advice I can give to anybody considering a hair Transplant in Australia or anywhere in the World is visit Doctor Jennifer Martinek in Perth. Its that simple

I started losing my hair when i was 17 years old and I am now 32. I had my first hair procedure when I was 24 years of age. Some 7 procedures later I believe I am an expert in the field of hair transplantation. In my early years I visited 2 people whom are part of the International society of hair surgeons (winners of many awards) . I felt assured that if any could help me these people could. Not less to say all they were interested in was the my money and poor work. As I have stated these people are acclaimed within the industry. The best advice I can give to anybody considering a hair Transplant in Australia or anywhere in the World is visit Doctor Jennifer Martinek in Perth. Its that simple

One may think that someone who had 6 bad HTs before getting a good one might not be the person one would want advise on how to choose a Doc?

Just a thought icon_rolleyes.gif

If you've gone through bad HT's, you realize how much better a good one is after you have it. The old procedures were smaller, so it took a while before you realized they weren't very good. The docs would tell you "one more will make it look a lot better." Trust me, I went throught it. Look at my old pluggy hairline and then my new one. I know now more than ever whata good HT is and what isn't.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Some of us have learned about hair transplants the hard way. As a result, in my case and for others, it has prompted us to research deeply into the subject.

If you decide not to consider the "botched" patient's opinions, that's up to you. However, as someone who knows how utterly life-destroying a bad transplant can be, I assure you that the botched patients tend to do everything in their power to steer other people in the right direction.

I am not sure what the term rat applies to in this program but I will take it as meaning that it is a derogatory comment against a recomendation on this site for a paticular doctor.

Thank you to those people that have expressed a desire to explain to people that have experienced poor work do in fact offer excellent advice. Is this not the role of this forum. The pain and suffering suffered by young people losing thier hair is one society has yet to fully understand. Has Fabe even bothered to look up this doctor, p.s she has pionered a hairline technique call the snail track that many top surgeons now use

Name away... it is common to name your doctor if you had a good OR bad experience. As much or as little detail as you care to give. There is no legal liability for the website, as it is considered "your opinion". Details are not mandatory, although it's a little more convincing than just saying "Dr. X sucks". It can be therapeutic to get this off your chest... who else can you discuss this with?

It's also helpful to other guys who may be in your area. They can avoid the bad guys, or at least take your opinion into account.

I think it keeps the doctors on their toes, too... they need to know there are no "disposable" patients, because every case is important.

• 3 months later...

Thomas,

Please name your doctor or at least the company you went to. Im in Perth and am considering Hair Restoration Clinic.

I have also spoken with Dr Jen. however she charges a few thousand dollars more, I dont want to have a bad experience by any means so name awayicon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

the doctor is melbourne based so you dont have to worry about him.

this forum will be able to give you the necessary information on what to look for in a doctor. Who is the doctor you are considering???

why not ask for opinions of him on this forum

if he does not measure up I would recomend saving a little bit more money and going to Jennifer martinek as anyone on the forum will tell you that a saving money and getting a bad result will in the longterm be far worse than the original problem of losing your hair.

thomas

i was looking into a melbourne based doctor, DR barry White earlier this year.

I found his sales rep in sydney disturbingly sleazy and I sensed there was something that wasnt quite right.

Is this the doctor with whom you had a bad

experience?

If so, he should be named on this forum to prevent others from going there.

(He is actually recommended here)

Thinking of Dr Jennifer Martinick in Perth who you recommended.

Did she do all Fu and what density did you get?

Thanks

El Guapo

• 2 weeks later...

I have had basically a retransplant of the existing work and not all are fue as some existing hairs behind the hairline are still a mixture of micro, mini and fue. There are still some work to do on me in april next year when the final stage is completed. My hair is naturally curly so density is more of an illusion with me.

If you have a virgin scalp then you will be more than pleased with her work. I researched the doctors that you are now doing 9 years ago in melbourne and things have changed a lot in the industry since.People on this forum do not like it when you recomend a doctor as they believe the industry pays people to recomend them on these sites. That is why it is so important to veiw the work on living people and not rely on photoes alone. This will be your true test. I was very emabarrased to be going to a clinic so young so basically treated the visit as a get in and get out basis and put my trust in the docter as I had grown up to believe thier word is the truth. Many of the docters in this field have been drawn to this part of the medical profession born out of greed. The simple trick is to find a docter who loves what they do and puts the patient before the dollar sign. This is where the big difference lies and I beleive having a female doctor made all the difference to me. Maybe it will to you as well.

• 8 years later...

I found your post extremely ironic because having had experience with a number of Australian surgeons myself, including Jennifer Martinick, I would strongly suggest that Jennifer Martinick unfortunately sits at the top of the list of Australian strip transplant surgeons who could be described as, to use your own words,:-

"people whom are part of the International society of hair surgeons (winners of many awards) ... yet all they are interested in is money and poor work".

Edited by WiseJohnson