I was running my hands through my hair the other day and felt somethin on my scalp. So I massaged at it and I made sure to follow it out through my hair. Out came a scab with 2grafts connected. Im positive as to what it was and I certainly followed post op instructions. Im 2.5 months post op, is this possible, just a way late bloomer?

diamondlight,

At 2.5 months after surgery, you will not lose any of the transplanted hairs. Most likely the hair underneath the surface growing from the follicle has pushed the dead hair through the skin.

Remember that at 2.5 months, the journey hasn't even begun yet for most. Hair only typically starts to break through the surface as fine colorless hairs between 3-5 months. Hair growth will also be gradual.

I hope this helps.

Bill

yea thanks Bill. I knew it wasnt a graft falling out, that would be impossible at that time. It just had me confused because there was no question it was a scab with 2hairs tied in and I would think at 2.5 months post op...all scabbing is well over with <shrugs>

Diamond

I am having that now at 10 months. I have a scab on my crown with some hairs there.. I know crown grafts can sprout late and I think this is the case.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!