Propecia and lost sex drive.

I have been on propecia for 8 months and didnt have any side effects but at 6 months I did notice some spoty lost sex drive. I also noticed being dizzy just a few times here and there. But at 8 months it was like a light went off with my sex drive, or desire, it has fell way down. My HT doctor told me its probably all in my head based on all the studys done and the 2percent effected users. But that doesnt make sence to me if im hungry I eat, thats what my body is telling me. If im horny I get laid thats what my body is telling me, I have never had this reduction in sex drive before I could see haveing a confidence problem with a women which I dont and not being able to get aroused but alone I feel the same way. I quit takeing the drug 5 days ago to see if this problem corrects itself. I dont want to quit takeing propecia because I have noticed that it has thickened my hair. WHAT TO DO! I would appreciate some feedback thanks. Im 42

Greetings, I am 43 and have been on Proscar for about 6 months, I have noticed a slight difference but not much. My advice is to stay on for awhile and see what happens, a reduction in someones sex drive can be caused by so many factors, stress, health, etc...

Just my opinion.

tg-

I agree with hrthr.............I'd stay with it a little longer and see what happens - especially if it's helping you. I'm 39 and have now been taking finasteride (Proscar quartered) for 5 months. I believe it may have slowed my sex drive some, but not much.........definitely not enough to matter. Time will tell but, from what I have heard, if you stick with it over the long haul the drive will come back. At worst, you wait a little longer with a lowered sex drive, then stop taking it sometime down the road.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Greetings, I am 43 and have been on Proscar for about 6 months, I have noticed a slight difference but not much. My advice is to stay on for awhile and see what happens, a reduction in someones sex drive can be caused by so many factors, stress, health, etc...