Avodart update (my experience)

triggerhappy

Just want to share my experience with Avodart for those of you thinking of switching from Propecia or Proscar.

Its been 45 days of 0.5 mg of Avodart a day and Im starting to have sexual side effects...(lack of interest and weak erections). My girlfriend also noticed the side effects.

Im only 31, in US Marine shape and my girl is a beautiful puertorican model, plus I never had this problems so it gotta be the Avodart. Unless you have serious prostate problems, I would avoid Avodart.

I am definately switching back to Proscar next week.

------------------------------

Im just your average teenager...just that I'm 31!

• Moderators

Since you already have the Avodart, it might be interesting to try switching back and forth. Take Proscar one day and Avodart the next.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi all

I , for one, am a person who has no problem taking meds. However, I don't think I would take Avodart as it is not approved for hairloss. There might be a reason for it??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

BeHappy:

I didn't think about that...I might actually try that since Avodart it's expensive ($130 for 30) and I have it anyways.

Mrjb:

according to my doctor, Avodart does the same as propecia/proscar, just a lot more effective... almost 100% DHT suppression. maybe a little too effective in my case. Im not having any noticeable hair shedding at all.

Im just your average teenager...just that I'm 31!

Yes,

It is claimed to be more effective but so are the side effects from what I have read?? It seems so in your case.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...

I started taking 1.5 mg Dutasteride daily around Sept 1 this year. After a week my libido was TOTALLY shot. I then did a cleanse with NO meds for 2 weeks, then got back on Propecia, which I have been on for 10 years.

Got my sexual appetite right back where it was after about a week back on propecia.

Scary stuff, that Dutas.