BOOM headshot

The Boom Headshot was a joke because I was taking a PIC of the top of my head.You muat be a CS player:P I play AA the best game of all.

Troy- I am going to Dr. Konier in Chicago to have my TP done. It's been a 4 month wait since he only does 1 per day.

Newscan.gif

I have only seen good things about him. I can remeber being full of anxioty myself. Now that I have been through it, I wouldnt be woriied at all to do it again. I think the biggest fear was the unknown. I think with Konier you be in good hands.

From what I've seen Konior does excellent work........especially the hairline. Can you post anything clearer?? From what I'm seeing, just a guess, but I'd want more like 2500-3000. In the end I'm sure Doc Konior knows his stuff and will lead you down the right path. You may want to find out how many sq cm of coverage this will provide you with. For hairline/front work I'd think you'll want 45-55 sq cm at least.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Rockwell,

Congratulations on taking the plunge. As you discovered, you were in great hands with Dr. Ray Konior.

We all look forward to seeing your immediate post op photos. I also encourage you to create your own Weblog to document your progress. The instructions are at http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/1901082912

Best wishes for growing a bumper crop. 2,300 grafts should make a big difference in your hairline area.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Congrats on taking the plunge and getting to the other side. I'll be anxious to see your pics when you have time to post. Good luck healing up post-op.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

5.jpgfine.jpghead4.jpghead5.jpg

This is day 4 not much shockloss but Dr. Konior and his staff worked 10.0 hours on my hair without many breaks. I am very pleased with the outcome and I would recommend them to anyone considering a hair transplant.

All posters on this site has been a great help and without all of you I dont think my experience would been so pleasurable.

Thanks again to all

Newscan.gif

Quick question for you guy's. I been waiting for the shockloss in the front but I

dont see any yet. Could it be because I spray hair 10 times per day w/ salene & Minoxidil Extra strength? I also take 1 mg of propecia.

thx

Newscan.gif

Shock loss can occur anywhere from 10 days to 2 months. From what I've read on others experiences, you'll usually notice it sooner than later. Even HT hair gets shocked out so I'm not sure there's anything to aid in preventing it. For me, I noticed it most when my grafts were shedding around the 2 week mark. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and not experience much, but be prepared.

Your recent set of pics provides a better view of Dr. Konior's work. It looks great! From what I've seen, he does super hairline work..........I think you'll be pleased with your results.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Is shock loss permanent or transient.

Originally posted by hairbank:

Shock loss can occur anywhere from 10 days to 2 months. From what I've read on others experiences, you'll usually notice it sooner than later. Even HT hair gets shocked out so I'm not sure there's anything to aid in preventing it. For me, I noticed it most when my grafts were shedding around the 2 week mark. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and not experience much, but be prepared.

Your recent set of pics provides a better view of Dr. Konior's work. It looks great! From what I've seen, he does super hairline work..........I think you'll be pleased with your results.

It depends.....................if you have MPB hair that is in the final stages of loss and it gets shocked out after HT surgery it may very well not come back. On the other hand, I had HT hair from HT #1 (along with some native hair) get shocked out during HT #2 and it came back fine. Many start Propecia pre-HT to try and regenerate or strengthen their existing hair to avoid permanent shock loss.........something I did not do for HT #1 but I wish I had.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog