Red Cross Shortage...

Hey all, the red cross is short!!

http://www.redcross.org/pressrelease/0,1077,0_314_4326,00.html

"The Red Cross is appealing to all eligible people to donate blood now and is particularly interested in collecting Type O, Type A-negative and Type B-negative, the blood types currently suffering the greatest shortage. "

I've been off proscar for 5 weeks, and being an A- blood type am rushing out next week to help, before I get back on it.

Something to consider, looking at this weeks happenings in London.

Hey all, the red cross is short!!

http://www.redcross.org/pressrelease/0,1077,0_314_4326,00.html

"The Red Cross is appealing to all eligible people to donate blood now and is particularly interested in collecting Type O, Type A-negative and Type B-negative, the blood types currently suffering the greatest shortage. "

I've been off proscar for 5 weeks, and being an A- blood type am rushing out next week to help, before I get back on it.

Something to consider, looking at this weeks happenings in London.

Good looking out, HBT.

Unfortunately, I am taking Dutasteride and would have to refrain from the drug for 6+ months to be able to donate blood. Finasteride users can donate blood after about a week after stopping. Just to be safe, always inform the physician overseeing the operation of the time frame since you stopped taking it (the techs are likely not to be aware of the dangers).

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

By "operation," I mean the blood drive operation, not an actual surgical procedure. icon_wink.gif

By "techs," I mean whoever the persons are that are actually taking the blood. (nurses? paramedics?)

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog