repair bad hair tranplant

had 4 plug sessions with dr weidig.been reading fue is best method for plug reversal,had 2 sessions of linars, dr giannotto(dr butcher) want to know whats best reversal for plug look.i want minimal trauma and scarring to my haed.

had 4 plug sessions with dr weidig.been reading fue is best method for plug reversal,had 2 sessions of linars, dr giannotto(dr butcher) want to know whats best reversal for plug look.i want minimal trauma and scarring to my haed.

Ahall,

Fueing them out is an option, coring is also. Each case is different, a consultation is probably best so the doc can advise you best. I just had some plug reduction and recycling with Dr. Vogel in Baltimore. Check his repair work on his site, very detailed cases, good info. Having been plugged in the early 1980's, I can tell you I am glad somethign can be done to fix these awful procedures from the past.

Check out my pics and story under "nobuzz4me road to recovery" in patient albums. Good luck my friend!

NoBuzz

ahall,

There are a few different philosophies on repair work, and often, it depends on each case to which is best.

1. As discussed, the old grafts can be removed via FUE and then re-transplanted a FUs

2. Another surgery via Strip or FUE can be performed from a top physician to camoflauge the older grafts.

If you truly have "plugs", removal of the old grafts may be necessary, however, if you have received mini/micro-grafts, camoflauging might be possible.

Do plenty of research and I suggest that you research doctors from our coalition: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

Also do a "find" for "repair work" and choose a doctor that you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps.

Bill

ahall,

Is part of your goal to have more hair, or do you really just want to soften the plugs and be done with it? It might effect your reversal strategy and the method.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.