LIMMER PHOTOS #1

Guest Brad Limmer, MD

Jessica,

Can you give us more information? What are we looking at?

Is this the donor area of a patient that did a 2 day session?

If so...looking at picture 9....

It appears as if there is a gap between two scars.

Is that what I'm looking at? Are these 2 scars from 2 different days?

Before I comment...I want to know what I'm looking at. Thanks.

Bill

Guest Brad Limmer

Bill,

This was a photo loop related to an orignal post on July 3rd. There is a second loop that shows a two day procedure that hopefully will be posted today. These are all guys who were in last week. I perfer to show average day in day out results, not just the exceptions.

Regarding this loop:

Photo 1: Routine 1 week post op.

Photo 2&3: ~14 month post op pre shave. Post shave showing an ~1mm scar.

Photo 4&5: ~14 month post op pre shave from a double (back to back procedure the year prior). Post shave in pre op for next surgery. ~1mm scar, but healed with slight hypopigmentation.

Photo 6: ~14 months post op from a double (back to back) procedure the year prior. Seamless connection noted in the center, no over lap, no graft loss.

Photo 7: 1 week post op.

Photo 8&9: ~12 month post op pre shave from a double (back to back) procedure the year prior. Post shave in prep for next procedure showing a ~1mm scar, no over lap, no graft loss.

Photo 10: ~10 month follow up, came in to evaluate options for next procedure in a couple of months.

Let me know what else you might need.

Brad Limmer

Dr. Limmer,

Thanks for your response.

Bear with me because I'm still trying to figure this one out...

But it shows in picture 9 an area between the scars from the 2 back to back sessions where it looks like there is no scarring.

Either the scar healed very well there OR there is a virgin area between the two scars.

Which one is it?

IF it is a virgin area, how can you say there is no graft loss?

If the virgin area is 1cm in length, multiple it by the average FU per sq cm of 80, by a 3 inch strip, you'd have an area where approximately 240 grafts could have been extracted.

If you a single strip in a single session, these would have been excised yes?

Of course...the photo could be conveying false information...but in addition to the inconvenience for the patient, this concept is what bothers me about 2 day back to back sessions.

Bill