Start Propecia and Minox at same time?

drew

Im just waiting for my propecia in the mail. Im 24 and started losing my hair about 8mths ago. Should I wait to add the minox or just start both at the same time? Im at a stad still.

Im just waiting for my propecia in the mail. Im 24 and started losing my hair about 8mths ago. Should I wait to add the minox or just start both at the same time? Im at a stad still.

There's no reason to wait for starting either one, unless you just want to go for a thinner look before you halt your loss!

Propecia (or Proscar) and Minoxidil work by two completely different actions, so they act independently. There is no reason to start or stop using either in conjunction with the other.

Get on both as soon as you can. They did wonders to halt my hair loss. I just wish I had started sooner.

I would consider just using Propecia in the beginning (depending on how much hair loss you have). Start with the least complicated and most effective treatment (Propecia), and see if it accomplishes your goals. If you've already had a lot of hair loss, then I might use both "guns" right away, otherwise I would suggest maybe leaving the Minoxidil "card" up your sleeve, as something to add later.

Again, if you have already had a lot of hair loss, cut right to the chase and use both. If you are just beginning to lose hair, think about keeping things simple, if possible. Minoxidil is a tiny bit of a hassle, although Minoxidil and Propecia supposedly work even better together.

This is entirely your call, and I would never say you are "wrong" to use both treatments right off the bat, even if you are just in the beginning stages of hair loss. But if you can keep things simple, that might be a good thing. I would make the decision based on how much hair you've lost, how quickly you are losing it, etc.

Just something to think about.

arfy

I still have alot of hair but the crown is starting to thin out and so is the top of my head.

I have long hair but I'm going to buzz it and see where Im at. At 24 is there a good chance for some regrowth of hairs that have already fallen out? If Im using both products.

It's not likely you'll see significant regrowth with either products. This is the case for most people, I think, and certainly for me. Like most, I use it only to prevent further loss, which it does quite effectively. I have seen almost no regrowth though.

As for crown versus vertex, I know all the literature says it only works in the crown area, but I have had success in the vertex, and I know others have said the same.

This is just a personal opinion, but I am not a big fan of Rogaine. I love propecia, as I believe it certainly halts or slows hair loss. My experience with Rogaine however, has not been so pleasant. It made my scalp very flaky, and I actually noticed a lot more shedding while I was using it. I know that sounds bizarre, but I have tried Rogaine on two separate occassions for approximately 6-8 weeks. Both times....itchy and flaky scalp....and as wierd as it sounds...increased shedding. It varies for everyone though, but my experience with Rogaine has not been pleasant.