Post op precautions

I am 3 days post op. with 100 fue's in my scar. Everything went well, and I am very pleased so far with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. Very professional and skilled. One question for the vets on this forum. How fragile are the newly placed grafts? Can they come out very easy, say if I accidentally sleep on that side of my head? If touched the area gently can they come out? I'm sure the doctor went over this, but I asked so many questions, I must have had information overload. Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

I am 3 days post op. with 100 fue's in my scar. Everything went well, and I am very pleased so far with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. Very professional and skilled. One question for the vets on this forum. How fragile are the newly placed grafts? Can they come out very easy, say if I accidentally sleep on that side of my head? If touched the area gently can they come out? I'm sure the doctor went over this, but I asked so many questions, I must have had information overload. Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

Did I read correctly that you hhad 100 FUE's placed in a scar? I'm currently trying to find info on having transplants put in a scar. Your doctor was willing to do just 100? Will it grow in a scar?

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, he said it would break up the scar nicely. Only 100 for now because he did not want to exhaust the blood supply and have some fail, which would be a waste of money. I will look at the results and have more done in the future. My scar is not ear to ear, and not all that wide. The procedure is time consuming but quite painless and much less invasive than strip. I think for situations like mine (scar) fue is very appropriate.

I to have recently had a transplant and have the same concerns. How fragile are the graphs right after surgery. can they fall out? Hopefully someone can help answer this. I know that they become fully secure between 8 to 10 days. However during those first few days how fragile are these graphs. For example, would gravity itself be enough to make them fall out. ie, bending over,?

I am planning on going for a consultation with Cooley in Charlotte this May. I want my hairline lowered. Would you recommend him? What is the difference between FUE and strip? I thought Cooley only did strip.

I would highly recommend Dr. Cooley. He is very well respected and is known for his research in the hair loss community. He mainly does strip, but does some fue for minor work, i.e. scars, touch ups, etc. He may not lower your hairline though, depending on your age and situation. He is also known for prescribing meds before getting a transplant, which is always a good idea. He has had work himself and is on propecia; so he practices what he preaches. Seems like a really intelligent nice guy. Hopefully I get great results from my fue, so I can have more done later.