Is Finpecia same as propecia

helpme

Propecia is a patented drug, and so you must be ordering it from a different country, since that would be illegal in the United States.

I'm not sure what you have received, and unless you take it to a lab and have it tested there is no way of knowing what you are taking.

I would suggest purchasing Propecia from a hair transplant surgeon or a dermatologist since most offices will sell it at a much lower price than even the Internet sites. Also ask if they include samples with Propaks, most do; just shop around.

I am the patient coordinator for Dr. Scott Alexander in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Alexander's Coalition Membership Profile

• 2 months later...

Finpecia is a generic of Propecia made by an Indian Multinational Cipla. Both the drugs are same except that finpecia is cheaper.

But if you payed for propecia you should get propecia bcoz finpecia is lot cheaper than propecia.

Guest Cousin_It

Helpme...

I would not worry about the Finpecia, it was recently approved by the FDA and will soon be available as a generic on the US market.

• 7 months later...

Personally,

Though this is an old thread, I thought I'd respond anyway...

I would proceed with caution buying any medication online period.

Finpecia is a generic form of Propecia but has not been FDA approved in the states to date as far as I understand.

Personally, I think the best move is to switch to Proscar if you want to save money. Proscar contains 5 mg of finasteride as opposed to Propecia's 1mg of finasteride in a single tablet.

You will need a pill cutter to split the Proscar pill into quarters which can be bought at any pharmacy for a few dollars.

Cheers,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hey Folks,

My GP said he did not want to put me on Proscar since it is a prostate medicine, and he did not want to have to put in my permanent medical records that I have prostate trouble. I purchased Finpecia and am looking into it a bit deeper. Have not yet begun to take it, but what a savings! We all know the power of big Pharmaceuticals in this country, so I know they are overcharging.

Ringo

• 2 years later...

I am curious -- I have been taking generic proscar for about a year now. I get it directly from my Vons pharmacy and my wife's insurance covers it so I just make a $5 co-pay for 4 months' supply.

Recently they switched me from Barr labs to Teva pharmaceuticals. Can I assume because this is an actual walk-in pharmacy in the US, that they will only sell me FDA approved generics?

• 3 years later...