A sign of growth?

I noticed today (7 weeks and 1 day) that I had dense layer of peach fuzz on my scalp and hairline. I know that there was already a layer of peach fuzz from dying hair, new hair, old hair ETC.

But this fuzz looks different..they are all the same short length and thick.

I have read that it comes in short and colorless opposed to thick with color.

I noticed today (7 weeks and 1 day) that I had dense layer of peach fuzz on my scalp and hairline. I know that there was already a layer of peach fuzz from dying hair, new hair, old hair ETC.

But this fuzz looks different..they are all the same short length and thick.

I have read that it comes in short and colorless opposed to thick with color.

Well I searched for peach fuzz and it appears several people have had the same experience at the 7-8 week mark. My net question is how long does the fuzz have to get before it gets a little color?

Will my new fuzz be 1cm long in a month? or does new hair grow slower than existing hair?

thin-

Yes, the colour and caliber of newly transplanted hair will increase as the hair comes in and matures. We have observed that, in general, 6-9 months after appearing at the scalp the newly transplanted hair will be within 90% of it's final diameter and colour.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Thanks..but does it still grow at the centimeter per month rate? even the first month?

and when does the hair start to have color? Maybe at 1cm or a month? does the color start at the shaft?

Does your hair get say an inch long with 1/2 of the lower hair shaft having color? meaning it took a month to get color?

ThininHouston-

The growth rate is constant; about 1 cm/month.

And, yes, if you were to inspect the hair at 6- 9 mos, you would appreciate a difference in colour and caliber which occurs in a graduated fashion from tip to root. So again, most of that process is complete anywhere between 6 and 9 months.

Does that help?

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors