Do I need hair transplant

Hi everyone,

I had a question that need to get off my chest for quite some time.

Off late I have been thinking a lot about getting a hair transplant.

I had naturally thin hair and in my early twenties my hairline receeded an inch back from where it used to be.

I wouldnt mind if lost all my hair and went the Yul Brynner way but right now I find myself in the middle.

I have attached a picture of my current hair line, I am 28 year old. Please let me know if hair transplant would be suitable for me and it would be great if anyone could recommend a good clinc in New Jersey/ New york.

Thank you all for reading.

Line of control

7900572924824559303gv.jpg 2nd image

Thanks you PB, Troy, hairbank, jagdish for replying.

I havent used any medicine or anything else before.

I am attaching a better picture

Please let me know good web site for ordering propecia.

Regards,

Aditya

You've posed a loaded question! By this I mean you're the only one that can answer it.

You look like you may have a little recission, not much. Maybe you're thinning on top or crown but I can see from the pics??

I suppose you have to ask yourself if you want hair on your head or not? Then, if you do, schedule a consult with some reputable surgeons and see if you're a good candidate.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Now that you posted that second picture, I can see why you are thinking about a HT! That second pic looks a lot different to the first one taken face-on. Looks like you need the whole front of your head doing - it looks like the hair there is left on the front half of your head won't be around for long icon_frown.gif I think your going to require a fairly large session - 3000+

Aditya,

Your hair looks exactly like mine how it was 2 years ago. I did not use any medicines and it became worse afterwords. I started using Finax 10 weeks ago and observed excellent improvement.

I strongly suggest you to start using Propecia or Proscar right away for atleast 6 months. It should stop your hairloss and It may thicken the existing hair. After checking the results you may take a decision whether to go for HT or not. Also try reading as many posts as possible on this site. You will get LOT of information.

If your budget allows you may try propecia or proscar otherwise you may try the cheapest solution Finax(Generic Propecia). It is Dr.Reddy Labs product. If any of your relatives stay in India you may ask them to send a 6 month supply. It will cost them $40 including transport. Incredible savings.

- Jagdish

Ravi Vide

No offence intended to you Jagdish, but after seeing your HT by "Dr" Reddy, I definately wouldn't be interested in buying any Dr. Reddy products - he should be put out of business icon_mad.gif

PB, you might be confused with the names. My HT doctor was Dr.Ashok Reddy who should be put out of business and should be put in prison. Finax is manufactured by DR.Reddy Labs(DRL). Both names sounds similar but no comparison. DRL is multi million dollors drug manufacturing company.

Ravi Vide

Thanks Jagdish & PB and every one else

I got a lot of information from this forum and I am gonna dig around a bit more.

And again thank you for you unselfish help

Hats off to you guys icon_wink.gif