Some hair loss continuing

Guest dude1

Guest dude1

Just a observation and question for the vets:

I'm on Proscar (2 years) and have had 2 HT's. Would the normal daily hair loss of 50 to 100 hairs tend to slow down in a case like mine or continue in this range?

I see a lot less than this and I guess the normal resting/growing cycle has to continue no matter what meds, etc we're on.

Some of the hairs I see are thin caliber but others look like normal caliber hairs. I guess I should stop counting and enjoy the new growth!

Comments?? Also, if a surgeon would care to comment I would appreciate it and it would ease my mind on this subject. Thanks guys.

Guest dude1

Just a observation and question for the vets:

I'm on Proscar (2 years) and have had 2 HT's. Would the normal daily hair loss of 50 to 100 hairs tend to slow down in a case like mine or continue in this range?

I see a lot less than this and I guess the normal resting/growing cycle has to continue no matter what meds, etc we're on.

Some of the hairs I see are thin caliber but others look like normal caliber hairs. I guess I should stop counting and enjoy the new growth!

Comments?? Also, if a surgeon would care to comment I would appreciate it and it would ease my mind on this subject. Thanks guys.

Your hair cycles through different phases, so it's possible that you are just doing a lot of normal shedding right now (I don't know).

100 hairs a day is considered normal for a guy with a full head of hair... that's not you, I assume. So 100 may be on the high side for a guy who already has lost hairs, but it isn't an emergency.

(The idea that 100 hairs is a normal amount is based on the theory that a percentage of your hair is going into a resting phase, at any given time... i think it is 1%. A guy with no hair loss has an average of 100,000 hairs.)