when does donor shock loss return?

I've had my HT 2 months ago and the donor area is still very visible with the scar. I have a few patches of hair that came off with the scar when I was peeling the dry skin off there. When does the hair grow back in there to cover up the scar typically? I understand that there can be some permanent shockloss, although rare because this is my first surgery. But if it does come back, when do they come back typically?

I've had my HT 2 months ago and the donor area is still very visible with the scar. I have a few patches of hair that came off with the scar when I was peeling the dry skin off there. When does the hair grow back in there to cover up the scar typically? I understand that there can be some permanent shockloss, although rare because this is my first surgery. But if it does come back, when do they come back typically?

Shock loss in the donor area, while troublesome, is very rarely a permanent problem. You will likely start to see some re-growth after 3 months post-op or so. Hang in there.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.