Should I order DermMatch and Toppik before my HT?

I'm getting my HT in about a month and read a lot about the concealers on other posts. My main concern will be after the first week or so, when the scabs are gone and I'm free to use concealers.

I have pretty long hair from my part that is used for a modified combover (I'm basically bald on my front 1/3, but the longer hair combed over covers about 1/2 of that area). Dr. Feller suggested I keep letting it grow so the longer hair will cover my new lower hairline.

However, I know it won't completely cover it (especially if there is any wind outside) and want to use something that will hide the reddish on my recipient area as it grows in.

I think that Dermmatch with Toppik could work together (or just Dermmatch since I won't have any hairs for a while that toppik could adhere to). Does this sound like a good plan or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Jersey 23,

It could work...it might be worth a try. Another idea might be to try cutting your hair shorter altogether...since most people are typically unobserving, they'd probably notice you got a haircut, and wouldn't pay any attention to the fact that you have a lower hairline...most probably wouldn't even notice. I have personally found that the use of coverups doesn't really give the most natural appearance...at least on me.

Bill