results of eye-surgery

Belgiumdude

ok..color me with the confusion crayon, Belgium..but im at a lost to figure out what your eye surgery has to do with a hair transplant forum...

and for future reference, if you decide to go in and have a colonoscopy??...PLEASE spare us the photos of THAT adventure..lol.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

lolol...youre a giver Belgium...trust me, you do NOT want photos of my grossest adventures...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Does Proscar count?

Was it lasik and what is the cost?Is there a forum much like this to share helpful hints expertise?!

[This message was edited by solid on February 29, 2004 at 02:36 PM.]

I am pretty sure Belgiumdude is right. DJTrojanz posted on his website about LASIK.

I also had it done. It is fabulous, but I would give it similar comment as a HT -- know you doctor and don't go for the lowest price!!! Get a referral from your eye doctor or at a minimum from someone who had LASIK, but started with a prescription strength similar to yours. The doctor should have done at least 100 procedures in your prescription strength.

Prices vary all over the board, so I won't even touch that. I paid a bundle, but had HORRIBLE eyesight. I went to the Cleveland Clinic and it was worth it.

I can share more, if anyone is interested. Email me at MrT0417@hotmail.com.

Mr. T

Mr. T's web page

Be careful, there are a lot of similarities between LASIK and HT... big franchises using outdated methods, salesmen on staff, undisclosed potential risks and complications etc.

Just because you get LASIK surgery doesn't mean your eyesight will be perfect... you might still need glasses. Many patients complain about dry eyes after surgery. And if I recall correctly, I believe that LASIK can sometimes correct your farsightedness, while wreaking havoc on your nearsigtedness. These are just a couple of things I remember off the top of my head...

One of the signs of a good candidate for LASIK surgery is "you are a risk-taker", another sign is that you don't rely on having good vision to earn a living. YIKES.

There's a really good informative website about potential problems with LASIK at www.surgicaleyes.com

Lots of good info there for people who have had problems with LASIK, people who are considering LASIK, etc (including forums). They are a support group and advocacy group for people who have been damaged by LASIK. LASIK is not that old, and yet this group has gotten the FTC to monitor the industry, and raised awareness about bad LASIK clinics in the media (see 'our accomplishments')

I wish there was a similar group for people who have been damaged by hair transplants. HT is a MUCH older field and I read that over ONE MILLION guys underwent plug grafting. There is still a need for a "Surgical Eyes"-type group for HT patients. For example, every time a guy comes on the site looking for information on corrective HT surgery, he has to start over from scratch, learning about what his options are.

Anyway, look around on that Surgical Eyes website, it is packed with information.