Rogaine Foam in Front???

New Forum member here, Ive been reading alot of helpful info on here and you guys know your stuff so maybe you can help me with a few of my ?'s

I know these answers may be somewhere on this forum but Ive searched everywhere so please dont blast me ; p First off topic but get quicker question outta way. If I wore a hat to work all day, but not the rest of the day would that affect my hairloss at all by not letting my hair breathe? Im outside all day, sweat alot too so that may not help : /

Second - I had a HT in frontal area (density work) only 800grafts dont 6months ago. Think I got Jipped by Bosley...I know everyone shakes their heads. I learned and have been looking into Dr. True to fix me up icon_smile.gif Anyways, its been some time and Im not seeing much of a result. Ive read using Rogaine foam speeds up the process of HT'ed hair growth? WOuld this work in the frontal area as well and after 6 months of post op would it maybe affect my HT'ed hair in a bad way, maybe making me shed as the foam unfortunately does. Id appreciate some help and advice, thanks alot guys : p

New Forum member here, Ive been reading alot of helpful info on here and you guys know your stuff so maybe you can help me with a few of my ?'s

I know these answers may be somewhere on this forum but Ive searched everywhere so please dont blast me ; p First off topic but get quicker question outta way. If I wore a hat to work all day, but not the rest of the day would that affect my hairloss at all by not letting my hair breathe? Im outside all day, sweat alot too so that may not help : /

Second - I had a HT in frontal area (density work) only 800grafts dont 6months ago. Think I got Jipped by Bosley...I know everyone shakes their heads. I learned and have been looking into Dr. True to fix me up icon_smile.gif Anyways, its been some time and Im not seeing much of a result. Ive read using Rogaine foam speeds up the process of HT'ed hair growth? WOuld this work in the frontal area as well and after 6 months of post op would it maybe affect my HT'ed hair in a bad way, maybe making me shed as the foam unfortunately does. Id appreciate some help and advice, thanks alot guys : p

Howdy.

Your remark about the world famous Bosley Jip -- is that made mainly based off of you not perceiving noticeable results at this time, or other stuff as well?

As for the hat issue, or non-issue: I've been told by several doctors that wearing a hat won't in and of itself cause "hair loss"; though, if we are talking strictly about the "health" of your hair and scalp, it is probable that in a perfect situation you didn't wear a hat as opposed to wearing a hat...especially if you sweat a lot.

I've never heard of rogaine (foam or otherwise) negatively affecting the work of a HT, when being used in a similiar fashion to what you would be doing (i.e. 6months post-op, etc.)....at the same time, I wouldn't expect it to work a miracle, sadly, if you got jobbed on the HT to begin with.

Do you have any post-op photos of your HT work?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have been recommended to use the Rogaine foam for the frontal transplant. During the discussion I learned that it speeds up the process to grow faster. I was recommended to begin using the foam after 1 month post op and for an entire year after.

If I was in your situation I would be worried that Bosley again ripped somebody off.

For future reference,go to a doctor that is recommended on this site...

There are many great and ethical doctor's out there..... Do some homework before making any drastic decisions and you will be glad you did...

Ask and I am sure somebody here will guide you in the right direction.... Best wishes...

Hi DL,

According to my research, wearing a hat does not cause hair loss. As I understand it, this is a myth.

I had a procedure with Dr. Epstein and he does recommend his patients use rogaine and I have used it in the donor area after surgery. I had to stop for 2 weeks because it caused redness but once I waited an additional 2 weeks I was fine. I think it did help in early growth but not 100% sure.

Your shedding you are experiencing with rogaine is probably due to your reaction to the treatment and is a good sign that it is working. The shedding should only be temporary.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Thanks everyone for your fast replies : )

as for thanatopsis...what I said was mainly based on poor results of second procedure. My first I had 1600 frontal hairline restructure and it looked good, but did I know any better? Just a little....pluggy maybe one would say. Took care of me great, follow up calls, emails etc etc... I then was seeking some density and went back and was told I should go with small packing at 800 later on to find is almost pointless to do. Which soon after only created more of a trajedy then anything. Alot of shock loss was noticed almost exactly where the grafts were put creating such an unpleasant look. Front nice structure with thinning behind! So much went down the drain, not only my money but a great vacation I had lined up on and Island...couldnt even go in the water the shock loss created such thinning I was nooot comfortable, especially at only the age of 23. So no Im looking for density once again and to make up for what was lost due to my last procedure...big mistake. IM looking into Dr. True, Ive heard alot of good things about him and cant wait to get in for a consultation with

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Howdy.

Your remark about the world famous Bosley Jip -- is that made mainly based off of you not perceiving noticeable results at this time, or other stuff as well?

As for the hat issue, or non-issue: I've been told by several doctors that wearing a hat won't in and of itself cause "hair loss"; though, if we are talking strictly about the "health" of your hair and scalp, it is probable that in a perfect situation you didn't wear a hat as opposed to wearing a hat...especially if you sweat a lot.

I've never heard of rogaine (foam or otherwise) negatively affecting the work of a HT, when being used in a similiar fashion to what you would be doing (i.e. 6months post-op, etc.)....at the same time, I wouldn't expect it to work a miracle, sadly, if you got jobbed on the HT to begin with.

Do you have any post-op photos of your HT work?

After the second procedure its almost like they forgot about me, some follow up calls, no emails almost like "we got em" just let em keep coming in. I almost feel as if the 800graft density procedure was a setup to create shockloss to make me wanna jump right back in and spend ANOTHER 6grand

Diamond,

Really, really sorry that on top of dealing with MPB (at a young age, no less), that you must also cope with Bosley's questionable ethics, as well as surgical skill....

Really makes me ****** furious at Bosley and their shills....

At any rate, getting a consultation w/ True&Dorin should be an excellent move, setting yourself up on a solid path for the future.

Best of luck, though I don't think you are even going to be needing any!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!