Variiable growth rate for Follicular Units?

Hi. I had a HT by Dr. Jeffrey Epstein about 11 weeks ago. Reading this forum, I know that hair growth starts at about three months onward. I had 2800 FU's transplanted in the front 1/3 of my scalp. Many of the hairs toward the back are already growing, some as long as 1/2 inch by now. But I see barely any hairs growing in the very front as of yet. Is this because the hairs in the front are one hair follicular units as opposed to three or four in the back? Is this normal. Also, when people say that you should see hairs starting to grow at about three months, do you mean the baby fine hairs you can only see with a magnifying glass, or do you mean strong growth? Just getting a little impatient. Thanks.

Hi. I had a HT by Dr. Jeffrey Epstein about 11 weeks ago. Reading this forum, I know that hair growth starts at about three months onward. I had 2800 FU's transplanted in the front 1/3 of my scalp. Many of the hairs toward the back are already growing, some as long as 1/2 inch by now. But I see barely any hairs growing in the very front as of yet. Is this because the hairs in the front are one hair follicular units as opposed to three or four in the back? Is this normal. Also, when people say that you should see hairs starting to grow at about three months, do you mean the baby fine hairs you can only see with a magnifying glass, or do you mean strong growth? Just getting a little impatient. Thanks.

Hoping,

Your growth will only start to come in around three months. You won't have a decent amount of growth till about 6-8 months. Generally, it takes about a year to see the full results of a transplant. 2800 grafts at the hands of Dr. Epstein should give you a very good result.

GuitarPlayer

Hoping, I had a very similar procedure 3 months ago. I am experiencing the same thing. The growth in the back is coming out much faster than the growth around the hairline. I am seeing new hair around the hairline now, but just not as fast as the back. The new growth is the baby fine hairs. They quickly take off and become visible with the naked eye.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I am 4 months since my 1205 FU transplant in the front 1/3 and I don't see any obvious hairs sticking out. I do have an overall appearance similar a 5 o'clock shadow. I have no redness, but I can tell where the new hairline will be. Just as defined as a 5 o'clock shadow with my face.

Originally posted by Hoping:

Could it be that the hairs that you feel at the back of your head just didn't shed? Typically, crown grafts grow in a little slower than those placed at the hairline and vertex.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I'm in the same boat guys. January 29 makes five full months since my last procedure to put grafts in the front forelock and hairline. The grafts in the back and middle seem to be coming in a whole lot faster than the hairline grafts. I'm also impatient for them to start popping already!

But like Guitarplayer says and a lot of other guys I've heard--you don't really see the significant growth till around 6 to 8 months and even up to a year.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that it takes longer for the grafts to start growing on their 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th procedure. (I did my fourth and last *fingers crossed that propecia will hold on to the rest)I guess patience is the name of the game. Happy growing guys.

According to dr feller some patients experience regrowth right from surgery "no shedding" i am 2.5 months in and I see fine hairs starting to grow, but I think you really see you final result one year post op.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"