What does it feel like to hair again

Ever since I have been in my mid 20's I have wondered what it would feel like to wake up one day and have a full head of hair. I think of Homer Simpson, who in one of the TV episodes wakes up one day and has a full head of hair, and everything is better.

My question is, I am almost 7 weeks post HT, and would love to know what that feeling is like? Do you wake up one day, and see a bunch of sprouts, or is it something that you don't even realize has taken place, unless you see before and after pictures?

I'm just so anxious, and I know hearing your stories will help me get ready for this great day.

Ever since I have been in my mid 20's I have wondered what it would feel like to wake up one day and have a full head of hair. I think of Homer Simpson, who in one of the TV episodes wakes up one day and has a full head of hair, and everything is better.

My question is, I am almost 7 weeks post HT, and would love to know what that feeling is like? Do you wake up one day, and see a bunch of sprouts, or is it something that you don't even realize has taken place, unless you see before and after pictures?

I'm just so anxious, and I know hearing your stories will help me get ready for this great day.

It was very gradual for me. Around 5months I really felt like I had minimal growth; I took some pictures and when I objectively looked at them it was clear that I had demonstrable growth. From then on I started to notice greater density with each passing week. As I would go to style my hair I noticed more and more that it looked better and I had more options.

Also, when I went back to Dr. Feller for a 8month "check up" and I saw my pre-op pics I was blown away. They looked much worse than I had ever imagined, and I actually saw a few that I didn't recall putting in my weblog or w/e that were just mind-boggling.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Mad-

Take it from thana--he knows as his results are amazing!! Look at his blog and his thread and you will see what a top doc can do for us hairless guys.

The process is gradual and unfortunately you won't wake up one day with a full head of hair. Wouldn't that be nice though?

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Eman:

Mad-

Take it from thana--he knows as his results are amazing!! Look at his blog and his thread and you will see what a top doc can do for us hairless guys.

The process is gradual and unfortunately you won't wake up one day with a full head of hair. Wouldn't that be nice though?

His HT looks awesome, now all he has to do is take care of that white growth attached to the front of his face. icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with the guys above. It's not sudden, for sure, but you sort of stop thinking about hair all the time. It's great, though. But, I don't think when I walk in a room how good my head looks now, or anything like that. It's more of a non-issue - sort of like it was in your 20's.

I think I've started noticing people looking at me differently though, but maybe it's just more confidence.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week