All My Worrying For Nothing! Thanks, Dr. Charles (Boca Raton, FL)

Dan McD

Well, my hair transplant surgery has come and gone, and so far, I couldn't be happier. I had the surgery this past Tuesday (June 25, 2002) by Dr. Glen Charles in Boca Raton, FL. I'll be 100% honest, I'm 30 years old, 200lbs and into bodybuilding, and I was still scared to death going into this surgery. The concentration of my surgery was going to be the very front and temple region...typical male pattern baldness.

I arrived at his office about 8:45AM and the prep work was ready to begin. Dr. Charles spent a matter of time with me discussing and drawing final "hair lines" and helping to reduce my anxiety.....with a Valium. His staff of 5 Medical Assistants also comforted me and made me feel more at ease.

It was time to begin!! They began by giving me a number of anaethesia injections, which were merely uncomfortable....not painful. Once the injections had taken place, my head was so numb, that it felt just like a football helmet had been placed on my head. Dr. Charles removed the donor site strip, and I actually didn't even know he had done it. Next the Medical Assistants microscopically divided my strip into 1,600 grafts. Then Dr. Charles and his Assistants transplanted these grafts into the front of my forehead........again, while I felt nothing at all. Throughout this time, we took a few breaks and ate lunch.

My surgery ended approximately 4PM and I felt fine. Following the surgery, Dr. Charles spent another 30 minutes with me discussing post-surgery procedures (hair washing, etc.). I left his office with an antibiotic and Hydrocodone for pain. I only took one Hyrdocodone the night of surgery...but I truely didn't even need that.

I was completely shocked and amazed how little pain and discomfort was associated with this surgery. It has been 4 days since my surgery and I have had NO headaches, nor bleeding. I am extremely happy with the way my hairline looks following surgery. I understand that my new grafts will go through several stages, so I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Thanks to Dr. Charles, I would have absolutely NO hesitations planning another ht surgery if need be. I did tons of research before I selected Dr. Charles, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Dan McDermott

dan.mcdermott@emergin.com

561-362-1178

Dan McDermott

[This message was edited by Dan McD on July 02, 2002 at 09:48 AM.]

Well, my hair transplant surgery has come and gone, and so far, I couldn't be happier. I had the surgery this past Tuesday (June 25, 2002) by Dr. Glen Charles in Boca Raton, FL. I'll be 100% honest, I'm 30 years old, 200lbs and into bodybuilding, and I was still scared to death going into this surgery. The concentration of my surgery was going to be the very front and temple region...typical male pattern baldness.

I arrived at his office about 8:45AM and the prep work was ready to begin. Dr. Charles spent a matter of time with me discussing and drawing final "hair lines" and helping to reduce my anxiety.....with a Valium. His staff of 5 Medical Assistants also comforted me and made me feel more at ease.

It was time to begin!! They began by giving me a number of anaethesia injections, which were merely uncomfortable....not painful. Once the injections had taken place, my head was so numb, that it felt just like a football helmet had been placed on my head. Dr. Charles removed the donor site strip, and I actually didn't even know he had done it. Next the Medical Assistants microscopically divided my strip into 1,600 grafts. Then Dr. Charles and his Assistants transplanted these grafts into the front of my forehead........again, while I felt nothing at all. Throughout this time, we took a few breaks and ate lunch.

My surgery ended approximately 4PM and I felt fine. Following the surgery, Dr. Charles spent another 30 minutes with me discussing post-surgery procedures (hair washing, etc.). I left his office with an antibiotic and Hydrocodone for pain. I only took one Hyrdocodone the night of surgery...but I truely didn't even need that.

I was completely shocked and amazed how little pain and discomfort was associated with this surgery. It has been 4 days since my surgery and I have had NO headaches, nor bleeding. I am extremely happy with the way my hairline looks following surgery. I understand that my new grafts will go through several stages, so I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Thanks to Dr. Charles, I would have absolutely NO hesitations planning another ht surgery if need be. I did tons of research before I selected Dr. Charles, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Dan McDermott

dan.mcdermott@emergin.com

561-362-1178

Dan McDermott

[This message was edited by Dan McD on July 02, 2002 at 09:48 AM.]

• Administrators

Dan,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Best wishes for a bumper crop of new hair!

Pat - Publisher

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hello again.

Well, its been exactly one week since I had the hair transplant surgery. I'm still so amazed at how worried and uptight I was BEFORE the surgery.....and then to find out it was relatively painless throughout. No pain sleeping, nor showering....which I was concerned about.

In the last couple of days, the scabs are gradually coming off.

I went this morning and had my sutures removed by Dr. Charles himself. This was also a VERY simple and painless process. He assured me that everything was looking great and healing nicely.

I'll update in a few weeks.

DAN

Dan McDermott