Nioxin and Minoxidil?

I just bought some Nioxin today. The stylist said that using Nioxin and Minoxidil daily would be too much. Is this true, or was he just trying to sell his product? Also, has anyone seen any significant results with Nioxin?

Your not going to see any results with Nioxin on its own. A lot of people here alternate between Nioxin and Nizoral as part of their hair care regime to keep a healthy and itch-free scalp. This should provide optimal conditions for your Minioxidil to be most effective.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 1 year later...
Guest eyebrow

I know this is an old thread but I was searching because I just tried Nioxin for the first time... I would never compare a minoxidil prodct and a shampoo.

I noticed some thinning and I'm growing out an unfortunate "trim." The salon receptionist (male) said his haircuts were much more frequent using Nioxin. My hair felt like straw! Just hate the feeling - ick! I don't know what it does for the scalp but long-hairs beware! (I guess that's a mixed message!)

Just FYI.. Never had a scalp hair issue (see my nickname!) Long, lustrous locks, but now, I'm convinced stress over the other issue is taking its toll. (I have more hair in hand after a shampoo than a lot of the after photos here!) If only it worked a way that I could donate it here!!!

Nioxin shampoo and minoxidil have nothing to do with each other. Of course you can use the two together. Nioxin doesn nothing to regrow hair, so it is a mute point.

It's sad how much misinformation hairstyists give out about hairloss. I guess they are just like everyone else, misinformed

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!