Propecia-Rogaine Vs Minoxydil

I ve read in some of the threads that Propecia can be taken for just a period ?

I ve used to take minoxydil5 o 6 years ago, but when i ve been told that it was for a lifetime i quit, but i felt that the result ws that i lossed more hair ?

Was that wrong ? is it prooven that when one stop minox it results in hair loss ?

what is the difference with rogaine or procia ?

thanks

I had the same experience of accelerated loss after stopping. I am back on it. I also notice that initially there is a shedding that takes place (i've started it 3 times in my life now).

I plan on staying the course this time, while I still have a hairline worth styling.

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

Rogaine is a brand name for Minoxidil, they are the same thing.

Propecia and Minoxidil do need to be maintained, otherwise you keep losing hair. They are not a CURE for hair loss. Only a CURE would prevent hair loss in the future, even if you weren't taking it.

Hair Transplants are also not a cure for hair loss. You will keep losing hair after your hair transplant (not the transplanted hair, I mean the other hair). Some guys are surprised to find that out, I don't know why.

Not everybody wants to take the drugs, but if you have some hair left to save, then I think it is worth it.

Propecia is the easiest and most effective (one pill a day). It blocks DHT from forming.

Minoxidil is not as effective and not as easy, but it may be worthwhile, especially in combination with Propecia. Minoxidil is a growth stimulator. Minoxidil helps prevent hair miniaturization (which is what hair loss is... long term miniaturization). It's kind of a hassle to use topicals, in my opinion. You are supposed to use Minoxidil twice a day, but there are some guys who only use it once a day, too.