THICKENING

Hi

Yes, it is but it depends on the patient. My hair was a combination of diffuse thinning and hairline reconstruction. Most coalition docs can do it all and produce a natural result.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

thanks Mrjb. Its just for the most part the online pics arent really comperable to my hairloss. my hairline recedes in a v shape and is thin on top, but still pretty good coverage. I asked this question because probably my single biggest concern is shockloss. The hair on top of my head is obviously undergoing miniturization, so Im unsure how much I will keep if I have work done in that area.

Fair point,

I was concerned with Shockloss too which is why Dr. True recommended smaller sessions to limit the Shock. In additon, I was unable to shave my head so it worked well and I had minimal shock loss. Regardless of your pattern, a coalition doc can customize your treatment

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

do you think a good doc would be able to assess the extent of the minitirization (in my case) and thereby be able to reasonably project how much permanent shockloss I might expect if they transplanted in that area; or is it pretty unpredictable? I just do NOT want to go through the entire process of a hair transplant and then end up having almost the same amount of coverage.

Hairs get shock-lost because they were damaged during the HT process and/or they were already too mortally wounded by MPB to survive the minor trauma of decent HT work nearby.

Get a good HT doctor, and just assume that severely-miniaturized hairs in the recipient areas will be lost in some percentage.

This might make the first HT less rewarding, but the eventual HT process will recoup your losses if you plan accordingly and keep expectations in check. HTs are about long-term gratification over the course of years.

------------------------------------------------