what should i do

mr invisible

ok here is my situation im not really suffering from balding or anything its just that i have a little bit of receding in the frontal hairline but its not that bad like a norwood 1, but the thing is on the right side it is slightly worse and i think its due to me bleaching my hair a few years back and then since i didnt like it i died it black the next day. Thats my furthest memory of when i can remember notcing it so i think it has something to do with that becuase it hasnt receded or gotten worse after that and that was like 3 years ago. I was thinking about having like a minor hair transplant just to fill in that area a little more and then i would be fine but people are saying thats not a good idea so im not really sure what i should do? Can anyone give me some advice or help me out a bit. I dont know how many gafts it would nessicarily be but i know it shouldnt even be like over 1000 at all. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or wisdom they can expel it would be much appreciated thanks!

ok here is my situation im not really suffering from balding or anything its just that i have a little bit of receding in the frontal hairline but its not that bad like a norwood 1, but the thing is on the right side it is slightly worse and i think its due to me bleaching my hair a few years back and then since i didnt like it i died it black the next day. Thats my furthest memory of when i can remember notcing it so i think it has something to do with that becuase it hasnt receded or gotten worse after that and that was like 3 years ago. I was thinking about having like a minor hair transplant just to fill in that area a little more and then i would be fine but people are saying thats not a good idea so im not really sure what i should do? Can anyone give me some advice or help me out a bit. I dont know how many gafts it would nessicarily be but i know it shouldnt even be like over 1000 at all. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or wisdom they can expel it would be much appreciated thanks!

i think people pretty fairly answered your question already.. if your receding is only at a norwood 1 level(which is what i started off with before i started receding), you are in no way fit for a HT. It sounds like to me that your hairline has simply matured a bit in its natural non-Male Pattern Baldness state. How old are you? Chances are if you're around my age your hairline will continue to mature (read - not recede, mature) through your life, and a HT sustaining a low hairline may end up isolated and unnatural.

This is not even bringing into the issue that if you DO have some tendency towards Male Pattern Baldness at some point in your life, no matter how old you are, a low fringe of hair would quickly become isolated as your hairline REALLY receded, and would require serious work to fix or remove.

Then again like people have been saying there is the issue of shock loss. Read around on the forums to learn more, but basically the more hair you have, the more damage shock loss will do to you. Especially considering you have a full head of hair. The reason why its not as bad for us balding/bald people is at the point that its safe for us to get a HT (i.e. not me, still too much hair), the benefits of the result outweigh the risk. This is my understanding, anyway. I imagine you could come out of a transplant looking much worse than you started off, maybe you would have more ideal temple growth for you, but you may lose a lot of frontal density in general.

If you like, you can post pictures for us to get a better idea of your situation but i think it will mostly reinforce what people have been saying. that is, unless you've been getting norwood 1 mixed up with norwood 3 or something.

thats my two cents. i know im not the biggest expert but i read this forum obsessively, and its very educational. If you are really concerned about baldness though, or start seeing signs of thinning, etc, have it in your family, then read up on this forum, get on propecia and maybe minox 5%, ive been on for 7ish months, no miracle results as expected, but hopefully ill get to keep what i have for a little while longer.

take it easy

Bryan

thanks for you advice, so i guess i shouldnt get the minor transplant but i wish there was something i could do to at least fill in that area cuz it really bugs, i dont want to go on propecia becuase i dont have the money to pay for that forever, and i heard it can cuase shedding for awhile and that its to maintain the hair you have, what i need i guess is like something to stimulate that area and promote growth. Do you know of any products besides rogain that could help with that? My mom bought me the lasercomb by hairmax, have you heard of that? ive been using it for like a few months now and it seems to maintain my hair better keeps it healthier but i havent had regrowth yet, so hopefully if i continue use for awhile i will see something. Ive heard some posotive results from that device so i thought i would give it a try. I dunno i know im not really in as bad as a situation as others but it still tears down my confidence becuase im only 19 which is why im continually searching for a way to fix my problem and make sure it doesnt get worse. Thanks for reading if anyone has any comments i would love to hear. thanks again