Long term hair loss strategy for the young without med

Hey guys,

I'm still thinking of strategies to tackle hair loss and was hoping for your advice.

He's my story.........

I have a decent head of hair but have a patchy/slightly receded hair line. I have been taking propecia and use minoxidil for 3 years and now I am keen to come off propecia as I don't feel comfortable with the systematic side effects I am experiencing (the usual + vision blurring + insomnia). I just feel that I can't keep taking propecia for the rest of my life. I don't want the side effects + potential new ones.

I know that this is a bad decision as far as hair loss goes and it makes hair loss treatments such as HT and systems very difficult as I am bound to loss the density that I have managed to retain.

My initial thoughts were to have a HT for hair line construction and replace hair loss on top with a system but now I just don't see how that will work... or will it??

Alternative options may be to have HT (but not so dense packing). Deep down I think perhaps allowing baldness to progress over the next few years and then seek out treatment may be my best (and only) option but for me and most other young ones ..... the main issue is with not wanting to go noticeable bald to start with. Is this just unrealistic or does anyone have experience with how best to tackle this??

I'm all out of ideas.... Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Blondie

p.s. I'm 24 years old and my brother is basically bald at 33.

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Hey guys,

I'm still thinking of strategies to tackle hair loss and was hoping for your advice.

He's my story.........

I have a decent head of hair but have a patchy/slightly receded hair line. I have been taking propecia and use minoxidil for 3 years and now I am keen to come off propecia as I don't feel comfortable with the systematic side effects I am experiencing (the usual + vision blurring + insomnia). I just feel that I can't keep taking propecia for the rest of my life. I don't want the side effects + potential new ones.

I know that this is a bad decision as far as hair loss goes and it makes hair loss treatments such as HT and systems very difficult as I am bound to loss the density that I have managed to retain.

My initial thoughts were to have a HT for hair line construction and replace hair loss on top with a system but now I just don't see how that will work... or will it??

Alternative options may be to have HT (but not so dense packing). Deep down I think perhaps allowing baldness to progress over the next few years and then seek out treatment may be my best (and only) option but for me and most other young ones ..... the main issue is with not wanting to go noticeable bald to start with. Is this just unrealistic or does anyone have experience with how best to tackle this??

I'm all out of ideas.... Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Blondie

p.s. I'm 24 years old and my brother is basically bald at 33.

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

You're not the only one thinking about this stuff.

Right now, I'm also at the "tipping point" . . . If I take action and get HTs soon, I'll get away without showing any major MPB to the world. But If I wait another 3-5 years, the MPB will have gotten too obvious to hide and I will be known as a HT patient.

I'm just gonna risk showing the MPB and wait on the HTs for a while longer.

I may not wait all the way until there's a better breakthrough available to the public before getting HTs. But I will probably go ahead & wait at least until the MPB community gets some pretty strong evidence that it will happen soon (and work right & safely).

Right now they're working on a bunch of things, but I personally don't think any of them (including HM) is close enough not to fail yet.

------------------------------------------------