Missed my Dose

MyPrecious

I've been taking propecia for 7 months now, in that seven months, I've a least missed one dose for every one month, so a total of 7 pills that I missed over the 7 months span. Will this make any difference on how propecia works on my hair??

I've been taking propecia for 7 months now, in that seven months, I've a least missed one dose for every one month, so a total of 7 pills that I missed over the 7 months span. Will this make any difference on how propecia works on my hair??

I take it every other day as advised by my doctor, so I would suppose it wouldn't hurt if you've missed a dose a month. My doctor told me that Propecia stays in your system long enough so that you can take it every other day and it still has the same affect as if you were taking it every day, you just save money. But I'm not a doctor..and I'm only supposing it's ok in your case since I started out taking it every other day, while you started out taking it every day.

I take it every other day as advised by my doctor, so I would suppose it wouldn't hurt if you've missed a dose a month. My doctor told me that Propecia stays in your system long enough so that you can take it every other day and it still has the same affect as if you were taking it every day, you just save money. But I'm not a doctor..and I'm only supposing it's ok in your case since I started out taking it every other day, while you started out taking it every day.

this is good to know. propecia is expensive as sh*t

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Also, If you are concerned with the unequal portions that quartering that danged "apple shaped" pill gives you, half of the Proscar pill every other day is probably a preferred way to go. I have started doing this after researching a bit on the half-life of the drug. It was told to me that with the length of time that Finasteride stays in the body this way (halving the pill) is actually preferrable so a more equal dose is given.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Robert,

I hadn't heard the 1/2 every other day over the 1/4th every day thing before.

I have been cutting that pain in the a@% little pill into forth's since I started taking the stuff. Do you think it's OK to switch from a quarter a day to a half every other day after already being on the 1/4th a day for a long while ?

In my opinion, as long as the dose is the same (1/2 every other day vs. 1/4 every day) you should be fine. It is my understanding that the half-life of the drug is relatively long so there is still a substantial amount in your body at 48 hrs. (when you would take the next dose).

For more information on Propecia and other hair loss drugs and remedies, go here.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog