hey , i am suffering from diffused thinning,the problem is i dont have any stable cause for this hair loss,in d sense,i did take up a testosterone test and my hair loss is not due to dht,both the sides of my family dont suffer from any hair loss problems and no ones bald.when i consulted couple of doctors they all say its nutrient deficincy and subscribed me tablets,but i don find any improvements as its been more then 1 year.everything from my sugar level to blood cell counts and even glyceride tests seem normal,could there be any other cause t?

P.s- i am really short temperd person,could this cause or contribute to any hair loss?if so has anybody experinced it and how bad can it be?

hey , i am suffering from diffused thinning,the problem is i dont have any stable cause for this hair loss,in d sense,i did take up a testosterone test and my hair loss is not due to dht,both the sides of my family dont suffer from any hair loss problems and no ones bald.when i consulted couple of doctors they all say its nutrient deficincy and subscribed me tablets,but i don find any improvements as its been more then 1 year.everything from my sugar level to blood cell counts and even glyceride tests seem normal,could there be any other cause t?

P.s- i am really short temperd person,could this cause or contribute to any hair loss?if so has anybody experinced it and how bad can it be?

mobius,

I am not convinced that the cause of your diffuse thinning hair isn't genetic male pattern baldness. I encourage you to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair and skin who can examine you more thoroughly and determine the cause of your hair loss condition.

There are a number of short-tempered people with a full head of hair, so this is not causing it.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Mobius:

There are several possible causes for your hair loss which can be isolated with a proper exam and consultation and examination of the hair follicles. In my experience, there are times you can see a combination of both factors, i.e. MPB and telogen effluvium or diffuse shedding. This can be induced by a variety of reasons, including stress. Dermatologists typically do hair pull tests to determine the ratio of telogen hairs. The root of the hair typically looks like a club. MOst of my patients describe a significant increase of hair in the shower or when they comb their hair. To alleviate your anxiety, it would be best to see a professional to best diagnose your problem.

I have seen a guy with a full head of hair lose 50% of it and appear very thin strictly from stress alone. Unfortunately his sister tragically died in a car accident. Stress can be a significant factor for telogen effluvium.