HT Shenzhen, South China

DYSON

Some of my photos exceed the limit of 300kb and so I've uploaded all of the 9 photos into an album. Please do make comments if you have any on my HT work done in China

I need to check my notes and they aren't with me at the moment. I will get the details of the hospital and the name of the doctor. He practices in Shenzhen and Shanghai. I did a lot of homework before I had my HT done. I took with me a chinese translator although the hospital had their own translator. Perhaps any memebr of this forum can give their opnion on whether or not my HT is good work or not.

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer:

Dyson,

What was the name of your doctor? I have never read anything about hair transplant doctors in China, good or bad. Did you receive follicular units? How many grafts?

GuitarPlayer

Race: Caucasian (UK)

Hair type: Titian (Red and approx 86,000 hairs on an average scalp area of 120 inch2 or 770 cm2)

Scalp stretch: tight

Norwood scale: 3A

Strip: 23.5cms x 2.25cms or 9.4" x 0.9" (the strip width may have been 1.5cms because I lost my notes!)

Number of FUT's = 1440

Cost: US$1/FUT

Post op experience: Tolerable pain for 2-3 days, uncomfortable to sleep - 2 weeks

Medication: none

Spraying: after 7 days

Hairline: single FUT

Op duration: 4.5 hours

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by DYSON:
Originally posted by GuitarPlayer:

Dyson,

What was the name of your doctor? I have never read anything about hair transplant doctors in China, good or bad. Did you receive follicular units? How many grafts?

GuitarPlayer

The hospital and name of my doctor is:

Fu Hua Rong Hospital

Mao Nang Department

Shenzhen

China

Tel: +86 (0)755 256 81346

Doctor: Ji Bin

Tel: +86 13823 106228

I received 1440 follicular units.

Dyson,

I don't think you'll be happy with your results when the hair fully grows--It's going to be very sparse. You should have done a mega session of 3500+ grafts at H & W. You are not a 3A, more like a 5.

depending on his age he might be happy enough. some people already have thining hair and adding a bit more makes it much better. Not everyone wants or can get an Armani hairline

Originally posted by dhoose75:

Dyson,

I don't think you'll be happy with your results when the hair fully grows--It's going to be very sparse. You should have done a mega session of 3500+ grafts at H & W. You are not a 3A, more like a 5.

Originally posted by dhoose75:

Dyson,

Hi dhoose75

My hair is fine and isn't sparse at all. I am amazed at how well it has grown and I will be posting pics at 22 weeks this coming weekend. My wife is really amazed at how my hair has grown and I am too. It's great to look in the mirror every morning and see a hairline with hair about 1 1/2" long beginning to thicken. My doc reckons that a year after the HT my hair will be very thick. In any case, having a hairline again after 20 years is something to smile about.

Regards

Dyson