should i start rogaine?

scooping around

Been on Propecia for about 1.5 month now and thinking about starting the use of Rogaine as well. Heard about the messy routine of Rogaine, so a bit reluctant to start. Should I wait until 3 months of Propecia usage before starting Rogaine? And once I start using Rogaine, do I have to use it 2x per day? Is one time a day better than none at all?

I'm using the foam rogaine now postop of my HT to hopefully encourage faster growth.

I've used rogaine spray and dropper in the past, and although I did get some results even on the hairline, which is not considered part of the treatment.

However, because of the mess, and because I had a lot of hair anyway at that time I quit.

I started again on it briefly late last year but gave up. It was just too messy.

The foam has the advantage of not having several irritating chemicals that may make it less greasy.

However, the recommendation is for half a capful, which is rediculous. Its very difficult to apply so little foam to a large area, so I always end up using at least a capful per application.

Also, I'm far from certain that the foam will work for me once my hair grows out. IF I end up with a wet slicked back look instead of the dry fluffy huggable look I'm going for, then I'll either have to drop it, or severely curtail it.

I probably could continue it on the crown only though, and I already take propecia.

some thoughts for you.

mark h

• 2 weeks later...

yes, try rogaine, and use it twice a day. dont just do it once a day and then start using it twice a day when you're freaking out b/c you're still thinning

evidence shows that used in combination rogiane and propecia are way better than on their own, so if you're paying all taht money for propecia, and not willing to shell out for the cheap ass minoxidil, you're a dumb ass (i'm not saying you are, but i was)

Had an interesting experience with the rogaine foam this a.m.

It was cold this morning, and because its just starting to shift to cooler weather, I hadn't adjusted the therm. properly and it was cold in the house.

I went to apply the foam, in a very cold bathroom, and the foam had a very thick consistency, and this time even half a cap covered my whole head....I'm using it all over post HT for now.

I don't know how this information can help, except that the colder the environment, the easier it is to get the foam to apply.

The instructions do call for you to run your hand under cold water and dry off so that you minimize body heat, because the foam does react to it quickly.

Anyway, this was bit of an eye opener, I'm just trying to figure out how to use the info.

mark h