Propecia shedding

nopd2077

Don't expect it.........everyone doesn't experience shedding with Fin so maybe you won't. If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds are 50/50, maybe better than you won't notice a shed.

As for timing, there's absolutely no way to predict it. I've heard of a noticable shed at 1-2 months and have even heard of guys noticing it up to 1 year. Eventually your hair will get on it's regular resting cycle so no more than 10% of the hair on your head will be resting and you won't notice, like normal icon_cool.gif.

Hope this helps!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I don't think there is a difinitive answer anyone on this forum can give you about a shed you may or may not experience. You may shed but not enough to notice or you may shed a great deal. That differs from person to person but shedding is generally a good sign that the medicine is working. Should you shed, you may initially take a few steps back but ride out the wave. The shedding typically kicks out hairs that were leaving anyway and when they begin to return in about four months, they should come in thicker and stay in the growing phase for a longer period of time. Propecia is simply reversing the losing/miniturization phase of certain hairs and creating a growing phase.