Propecia/proscar

UKGEEZER

at what point of the scalp is this effective..

can anybody provide a link to showme what area of the head this drug will help to save etc..

I have heard propeica has grew back hgair on some mens temples?? is this true?

Thanks guys..

wouild really help..

at what point of the scalp is this effective..

can anybody provide a link to showme what area of the head this drug will help to save etc..

I have heard propeica has grew back hgair on some mens temples?? is this true?

Thanks guys..

wouild really help..

Hi geezer,

Not an answer to you, but some additional queries.

1. Finasteride now comes under 4 different packages:

Propecia (1mg per tablet)

Finpecia (1mg per tablet but cheaper than Propecia)

Proscar (5mg per tablet)

Fincar (5mg per tablet but cheaper than Proscar)

Question 1: since Fincar is by far the cheapest way to buy finasteride, why do people still buy Proscar &, even more surprisingly, Propecia? You can buy a full year of finasteride (90 tablets of Fincar, each cut in 4) for $120, whereas it would cost about $700 for 360 tablets of Propecia.

Question 2: The accepted finasteride dosage is 1mg daily but Whoops says on his website he takes 2.5mg (I assume he cuts the 5mg tablets of Proscar/Fincar in 2 instead of 4), though I thought increasing the recommended dosage had no additional effects. Where is the truth?

2. Again on Whoops' website, he mentions taking 1mg of Dutasteride each day whereas the recommended dosage is 0.5mg (and the capsules come in 0.5mg each for that purpose). Also, Dutasteride was supposed to replace Finasteride as a stronger option and not as a complement. Does anybody else take BOTH these medications?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

in a post a few weeks back, i mentioned these foreign made drugs, specifically those manufactured in India and Mexico, as now being investigated by the FDA and some other government agencies..seems in independent testing, these drugs made in India, Mexico, and other foreign countries contain only various percentages of the actual active ingredient, and in one case, one of the drugs tested contained NONE of the active ingredient...they have also been found to contain various other dangerous elements..heavy metals and other harmful ingredients...

so in buying both finpecia and fincar (both manufactured in India), you may think you are getting the same drug as proscar or propecia, but in fact you are likely getting something less, and perhaps as a result, putting your hair growth at some risk, as these drugs were also found to have a fairly high concentration of heavy metals such as arsenic....

it appears you get what you pay for...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Thanks Rugger, looks like I missed your previous post. I'm not a great fan of these drugs myself, I was just wondering what was the catch behind these apparently good deals (there always seems to be one, doesn't it?).

Thanks, well Merck do indeed recommend a 1mg daily dose, not more. How about combining the 2 (Finasteride AND Dutasteride)? Since Dutasteride seems the way to go and "self-sufficient", why continuing on Finasteride at the same time? My understanding is that they achieve the same thing and act more or less the same way, so isn't taking both just like taking an extra dose of one?

hey UkGeezer,

propecia helps stop hairloss, i've been taking it for about 10 months now and its done nothing really for my hair in terms of growing it back, it just stopped hairloss, MAINLY in my temple areas.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.