returning back to work and shaving your head

hi everyone,

im thinking of getting a HT but i dont want to have to be off work for like 4-5 months (i dont want anyone to know about the HT). do i have to shave my head for the operation? i still have alot of hair on my head but if i wet it and go under a light, its noticeable then.

hi everyone,

im thinking of getting a HT but i dont want to have to be off work for like 4-5 months (i dont want anyone to know about the HT). do i have to shave my head for the operation? i still have alot of hair on my head but if i wet it and go under a light, its noticeable then.

Chris,

Some hair restoration physicians will require shaving of the recipient area if hair is being transplanted into existing native hair.

I recommend reading the following hair loss Q&A blog that gives more information about healing time and information related to hair transplantation:

When will I look normal after a hair transplant?

Bill

Bill what work do you do?

can you please confirm something, concerning shock loss?

Bill, does shock loss only occur right next to the transplanted hairs? can i leave a small bufffer zone between my existing hairs and the hair transplant which will minimise shock loss?

i have a norwood 2 or 3 - so i will only be getting a HT in the temple regions.

Guy

I took the long road to avoid excessive shockloss. in addition, I used concealers to hide my transplants.

Not all docs require you to shave

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

guyfromsydney,

What work do I do? You mean, for a full time job or how am I involved in this site? icon_biggrin.gif

Shock loss will not occur to hairs unless transplanted hairs are around or near them. Leaving a "buffer" zone so to speak will certainly help minimize the risk however depending on how big of a space left, you could have a gap that looks unnatural.

Bill