Monoxidil After HT

Hi guys,

I am 18 days post op and want to start using Monoxidil in an effort to minimize shockloss. I was told it's ok to start using it 2 weeks post op but I still have a few flakey scabs lingering so was waiting for those to go.

I have read a few threads on this subject but it's still a grey area. I want to know who has started back on Monoxidil after a HT and had good/bad results. No shock loss please!

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I am 18 days post op and want to start using Monoxidil in an effort to minimize shockloss. I was told it's ok to start using it 2 weeks post op but I still have a few flakey scabs lingering so was waiting for those to go.

I have read a few threads on this subject but it's still a grey area. I want to know who has started back on Monoxidil after a HT and had good/bad results. No shock loss please!

Thanks.

Hello Spinmaker

I started on minoxidal 14 days after my HT.I use the 2 % minoxidal two times a day.I did have a few scabs left but they eventually fell off.I was more concerned about shock loss and minoxidal is one of the best ways to minimize it.

Last HT, I started a few days post op and it did help shock loss and 75% of grafts did not go dormant and fall out-- most continued growing from the "whisker" implant texture. So it worked for me-- ALSO I used Graphcyte (not sure on the spelling) at the same time to spead healing process-- so I dont know which one was responsible for the results or if it was the combo of the 2.

Make Sure you stay on your Propecia throughout. (the last 2 HT I actually doubled dose first 10 days post op--- just my personal experment)

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii 3oz daily