choi hair procedure

Hi,

I've had 2 choi procedures done with Asanto clinic in Greece and I'm having a hard time getting them to see me for a consultation to see if my head should have more hairs or not after 2 procedures because I thought there would be more there.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere in the UK I can go and see someone who could tell me roughly how many hairs there actually are on my head through this procedure or is this just a waste of time? How does one know if the amount of hairs/grafts they tell you they've put there is the truth or not?

Hi,

I've had 2 choi procedures done with Asanto clinic in Greece and I'm having a hard time getting them to see me for a consultation to see if my head should have more hairs or not after 2 procedures because I thought there would be more there.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere in the UK I can go and see someone who could tell me roughly how many hairs there actually are on my head through this procedure or is this just a waste of time? How does one know if the amount of hairs/grafts they tell you they've put there is the truth or not?

I've not heard the best things about the "choi implanter", though it is intruiging. If you want to find somebody in the UK to check you out, I'd recommend going to see the Farjos.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

battler,

The "choi" tools are simply that...tools. They may or may not be beneficial in the right hands, but the key is looking for consistency in results of a particular physician.

How long ago did you have your surgeries? Be sure to give your procedure(s) at least a year to mature before making a final evaluation.

As Spex and thanatopsis_awry stated, I'd consider consulting with Dr. Bessam Farjo and/or Dr. Nilofer Farjo, both elite physician members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians who can help assist you in determining transplanted hair growth.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Hi Battler

The Choi technique is well known to provide poor results regularly in my own experience.This maybe due to the doctor who uses it and not the actual instrument but i can only go by my experience with it.

I would recommend seeing the farjo clinic in the uk who could help tell you how many grafts you recieved and how many are growing on your head but also run a search on spex who is well know for helping guys out in the uk. He can take very accurate pictures and can get you Dr Fellers opinion also.

I`m sorry to hear you feel you have had a poor result and if i can help in any way please pm me as i will help you all i can

Bri

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

I had my 2nd procedure in Dec 2006, so I guess all the hairs that are supposed to be there should all be there by now.

I didn't say I had a bad experience or treatment and I only have a small hidden scar at the back of my head where the donor folicles were taken. I don't know what pitting is so don't know if I have it or not. Perhaps someone could tell me what pitting is.

People who see me can't believe I've had 2 hair transplants cause the front hairline looks so natural, I just thought I would have seen more hairs on my head after 2 procedures, that's all. I just wanted someone to roughly verify the number of hairs on my head now. Not that it matters anyway cause the response I've received from Asanto clinic in Athens so far suggests that they are not interested in seeing me for a follow up consultation or bothered with my concerns. So I don't think I will have any comeback if it turns out that I have less hairs that they said I would.

battler,

If you want to provide before/after pictures, perhaps we could give you an idea of whether all the grafts have grown in.

We'd also need to know the total number of grafts you've had and whether or not you've experienced additional hair loss since your before picture. Provide as many details as possible.

Bill