Did not experience a shed on Propecia.

diamonddee

I have been using Propecia now for 6 months and I haven't experienced any kind of a shed. I'm wondering if this means that it is not working for me. I haven't noticed any regrowth but it seems like that perhaps it may have stopped/slowed down my hairloss. Any thoughts?

I have been using Propecia now for 6 months and I haven't experienced any kind of a shed. I'm wondering if this means that it is not working for me. I haven't noticed any regrowth but it seems like that perhaps it may have stopped/slowed down my hairloss. Any thoughts?

diamonddee,

I started using Propecia 8 years ago when I was 26. I can't remember having any shedding either, but it did worked. It grew a noticebale amount of new hair for me in the first few years I used it and in recent years has helped me keep some of what I got on top.

Stick with it for another 6 months and see what happens.

Shedding isn't a must for everyone using Propecia (Finasteride). Hard for me to tell if I did or not because I started right after a HT where I shaved down. Shedding is due to a larger portion of your hair than normal being kicked into the telogen (resting) phase at the same time............ususally 10-15% of your hair is resting at any given time. Some people taking Propecia (Finasteride) have the unfortunate experience of more than the norm going in to the resting phase thus a "shed".

Your best way to see if it's working is to document it with pics. Hair growth is so slow it will be difficult to notice otherwise.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.