Doc's In DC area?

Hello,

Thought I'd weigh in, having just researched this myself. The closest doctor to DC with whom I'm remotely familiar is Edwin Epstein, in Richmond (http://www.stuartmed.com). I had a consultation with him in 2/05, or more accurately with his sales consultant; Dr. Epstein came in briefly. If you do a search on the several forums out there, you'll likely find few comments about him, but those there are seem favorable.

I would however echo what I've heard many times; don't let geography factor in your decision, within reason. I am going to Dr. Feller, who is excellent, later this month; it is in New York, but the travel costs are not bad at all if you don't object to the train.

Regards,

Benjamin

Thanks for the input Facelessman!

I am not that concerned with travel but thought that if there is someone close by that people on this site have used and liked, i would set up a consult.

Has anyone used Epstein and if so...how was it?

Guest bro66

I used Virginia Surgical Center near Tysons Corner. I'm about 6 months past my HT procedure and things seem to be progressing normally. I have no complaints with the HT procedure, medical services, and follow ups. I have no pics to show, but if you have any questions, hit me back. Or you can check out there web site, virginiasurgical.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I have been off the site for a while sorry i did not respond sooner. If you get some pics...post them please! If you dont mind...how old are you and what was the extent of your hair loss?

Guest bro66

sorry, i dont have any pics to post. i got 1500 graphs, it cost me $4500, $3 per graph. i am a black man, 39 years old, with a curly/wavey hair texture. i was mostly balding and thinning in the front and crown areas, with a recession in the front. i wanted them to fill in the balding areas and make the thinning areas fuller. i still wanted a natural slight recession in the front. so far, i am pleased with the results. although its has been a long and slow healing/growth process. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply. Did you have any pain or do you have any pain now from the procedure?

I wonder if a HT is easier or better looking on an African American male rather than a white male. If you get a chance to post some pics...that would be great! Good for you..taking that step. I dont know if i am there yet. How did you find your Doc?

Guest bro66

yes, i had some pain from the stitches, mostly itchy, once they were out it went away. i had some swelling during the first few days. it helped to use an antibiotic ointment on the donar scar once the stitches were out. i probably got more ingrown hairs then white men because of my hair texture, but im not sure if black men have different experiences. the doc said the hair folicles were much easier to transplant on black men. my doc said on my last follow up that my growth was a little slower than usual, but there's nothing to worry about, im just a late bloomer. i've been wearing hats mostly in public because of the scar and the shock loss. i've kept my hair buzzed the whole time, i'll probably start growing it out in a few weeks, since most of my transplants will be growing, hopefully.

Guest bro66

just on and around the donar area scar, which happened with in the first 2 weeks. the hair around the scar grew back right away, but the hair on the scar is just starting to grow back. i didn't have any shock loss in the recepient areas.