possibly a stupid question

Hi all,

I am brand new to this site and was stunned to find so much helpful advice provided by members of the forum.

I am 22 and started noticing hair loss about 4 years ago, although loss has been slow but it is now visible, my temples are gone but fortunately my frontal is still ok, and because I was born with a natrally high hairline, i feel that i can no longer cover the loss with a fringe

I was hoping to get some advice on the following

1. Is it possible to transplant hair to places which originally had no hair i.e. in my case create a hairline that is lower than i was born with (a little greedy eh)

2. If i do go ahead with the procedure and have my temples recovered, in order to stop hair loss in other places eg. frontal, would i have to take medicine (regaine..etc) for my entire life?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I am brand new to this site and was stunned to find so much helpful advice provided by members of the forum.

I am 22 and started noticing hair loss about 4 years ago, although loss has been slow but it is now visible, my temples are gone but fortunately my frontal is still ok, and because I was born with a natrally high hairline, i feel that i can no longer cover the loss with a fringe

I was hoping to get some advice on the following

1. Is it possible to transplant hair to places which originally had no hair i.e. in my case create a hairline that is lower than i was born with (a little greedy eh)

2. If i do go ahead with the procedure and have my temples recovered, in order to stop hair loss in other places eg. frontal, would i have to take medicine (regaine..etc) for my entire life?

Thanks in advance!

hi hhh,i dont see why you wouldnt be able to place a follicle anywhere there is a blood supply,one for the experts.

now if a doctor would be willing to do it is the question.you are probably going to carry on losing hair for many years to come, so for a dr to fill in your temples let alone create a hairline that was never there in the first place would be unethical.

as for meds,if they have kept hair you would have otherwise lost then yes you would have to stay on them.i would give them a try,you never know you may even regrow your lost hair.good luck.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

thanks balody!

I wasnt sure what unethical meant (in the ht context), but now i sorta know, if im right, docs are not supposed to transplant for those who havent stop receding?

Hmmm, that means I most likely would have to, since my dad seem to have only very little hair left....maybe i should started taking med early

THanks!

hairhair,

at such a young age it is hard to predict what your future hairloss pattern will be; if you get a HT at 22 with a "22-year olds hairline" you would be committed to future surgeries down the road if the hair behind the transplanted hair reecedes; then you may run out of donor and be left with an unnatural look; it sounds like from your post that you want an adolescdnt hairline; at your age that is very risky; I recommend getting on propecia/proscar (finasteride) and see if your hairloss stabalizes; then re-evaluate in a few years; if your hairloss has stabalized then you would probably be OK to get a HT but be conservative with a more mature hairline;

hairhairhair,

Welcome to our community.

At your age, it is best to consider hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine to see if they do anything for you. Commit to them for at least a yar before determining any level of efficacy. They are typically good at combating future hair loss but might even regrow hair.

Stopping these medications however will result in a loss of their hair restoration benefits.

Ethics are extremely important when it comes to anything in life, especially the medical profession. Ethics in hair transplantation can be defined ultimately as doing what is best for the patient's long term hair restoration success, rather than concern about money in their pocket.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks dhoose75 and Bill, it seems like it would be best for me to wait til it stops receding or get it assessed. Either way I will have to save up for surgery even if I have stoped receding(very unlikely I think), which would be at least in a couple of years time.

Its just a bit upsetting to hear that, cause I saw the below attached photos at Armani's website and thought that that post-op hair line would be perfect. I've never had a strong hairline...

Also I was wondering if any of the medication such as Propecia and Rogaine have any side-effects?

24__after1.jpg.a2e77a510f5af4e3f8d3e9a0da8f6eab.jpg

hairhairhair,

Unfortunately, like with any other medication, Propecia and Rogaine have potential side effects. Thankfully, side effects are rare and reversible upon stopping the medication as per their respective websites.

Spend some time researching these two hair loss medications and consult with a medical doctor.

Bill