4 months update

super8mm

Here are the photos of my 4 months post HT.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2301&WebID=815

Please comment what you think. I am excited to see the results, but lately I am feeling like I am loosing some hair, when I am applying Rogaine, I can see that lost hair is sticking on my hand.

I am on and off with Rogaine, not consistent, but lately I am applying Rogaine atlest 5 days a week. I took Propecia for 3 months consistently, but I stopped it for almost 3 weeks or so. But that should not impact my transplanted hair, may be I am loosing native hair, but I why lately? any thoughts?

Kumar

5400 Grafts performed by DR. VICTOR HASSON

Here are the photos of my 4 months post HT.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2301&WebID=815

Please comment what you think. I am excited to see the results, but lately I am feeling like I am loosing some hair, when I am applying Rogaine, I can see that lost hair is sticking on my hand.

I am on and off with Rogaine, not consistent, but lately I am applying Rogaine atlest 5 days a week. I took Propecia for 3 months consistently, but I stopped it for almost 3 weeks or so. But that should not impact my transplanted hair, may be I am loosing native hair, but I why lately? any thoughts?

Kumar

5400 Grafts performed by DR. VICTOR HASSON

There is clearly an improvement at only 4 months, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Why exactly did you stop Propecia? Also, both treatments require that you take/use them everyday, so if you're going with Rogaine, I think most people would recommend that you use it either every day or not at all. Don't want to mess around with growing hairs, then losing them, on and off. You've got to stay committed; otherwise, it's entirely counterproductive.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

super8mm,

It's great to see an update from you. Has it realy been 4 months already?

You're looking great for such an early stage in the process.

By the way, I encourage you not to use Rogaine intermittently. If you are going to use it, be consistent. An initial hair shedding is common the first few months of use.

I look forward to seeing your results in the coming months.

Best wishes,

Bill

you should be excited super!! Looking at the one before pic and your four month pics, the results this early are awesome. Expect it to fill in even more in the next couple of months. Keep us posted.

Like everyone has said, stay consistent with the meds. Make it a routine. For example, after you brush your teeth in the morning, put on the Rogaine. And again in the evening when done brushing your teeth, apply the Rogaine. When it is a routine, you won't forget and it doesn't take much time.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I'm seeing improvement! 5400 grafts is incredible! 1400 for free isnt too shabby either. I'm at 4 months also so we are in this together. I wish you the best of luck! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Super,

I agree with the comments above. You have significant growth and you are only at the 4 months. Your next few months should be even better.

I've had 3 procedures so I know you can see big changes from the 4 month mark until one year. The best is yet to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input.

I been traveling lately, so did not get a chance to replay.

I stopped propecia because of side effects, more over I am not comfortable with the concept of taking meds for forever. It might sound like a superstition but thats how I am. I need to get rid of my superstitions :-)

Now I decided to start propecia at-least for an year. I started propercia two weeks before again, I have been taking one pill every 72 hours. It might not be that effective in this way. But I want to try this for an year.

I stopped using Rogaine totally. Just want to stick with propecia.

Thanks,

Kumar

• 2 weeks later...