what shampoo for shaved head?

Hey...

I'm loosing hair in the frontal area, and I have been keeping my head shaved for the past year or so. I am considering getting Nizoral to keep my scalp "healthy". Is there anything else that I should also use? I shave it about 2 times a week, but always use after shave afterwards. Will Nizoral help my scalp even though I already keep my head shaved?

From what I understand Nizoral is for the scalp......not the hair so it will help. It is an anti-funal shampoo and should help to provide optimal growth conditions for hair. The recommended use is 3 times a week........I use it every other day and have had no problems. I use the 1% which is OTC, you can get 2% with a prescription.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

From what I understand Nizoral is for the scalp......not the hair so it will help. It is an anti-funal shampoo and should help to provide optimal growth conditions for hair. The recommended use is 3 times a week........I use it every other day and have had no problems. I use the 1% which is OTC, you can get 2% with a prescription.

For those near the border of Canada, 2% is readily available for about $7-$8 CDN for 120 ml at Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers, Wal-Mart, etc. I can't find 1%, but use the 2% approx. 3 times a week.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog