DR FELLER UK PATIENT /DIY staple removal

richie48

hope this works as this is my first time at uploading pics

The first pic is the neat and clean donor wound with staples by Dr Feller . Note how healthy it looks after only 10 days and how the safety zone is utiliezed for maximum safety and to limit any scar stretch in future , everything is taken into concideration for future surgery if needed .

PB110198.jpg

this photo is an excelent example of three things ,on the left is blood from poor removal of my staples ,I MUST STRESS IT WAS ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND WHO DID THIS , we were using the surgical tool incorrectly ,Dr Feller and his staff did explain how to use the tool correcly but i made a mistake when explaining how to use it to my girlfriend . In the centre of the donor strip are only small drops of blood from the staple holes after correct use of the removal tool ,this is what to expect . Still note how clean ,healthy and neat the donor wound is ,this is a credit to Dr feller's surgical skill .On the left you can see some remaining staples . No blood came from the donor wound , only from the staple holes . Done correctly after soaking the area in the bath i only felt some mild pinching from the staples during removal .

PB110199.jpg

this is a pic of the staple removal tool and staples , the staple on the left is how it looks inside your skin before removal ,the staple on the right is how it should look after correct removal .

PB110207.jpg

this is 10 days post op, Note i decided to use creams and lotions to help with redness or tightness only the once , this was so i could have a personal comparison to talk about ,the aloe vera cream on the donor site with staples WAS definatly soothed by the cooling cream and by keeping the wound soft did help wih comfort , the witch hazel on the scalp graft site seemed ,for me ,to dry the site out .i'm glad i tried them both but for me i stopped using them . This is not to say it won't work well for others as we are all different and have diferent physiology .

PB110188.jpg

This is an interesting photo as it shows the grafts and hair direction implanted by Dr Feller . Note how towards the front of the graft site the grafts follow the natural direction of my own exsisting hairs . Towards the rear of the graft site Dr Feller created two new crowns to give me back my origonal double crown swirls .his amazing staff had me in all manner of positions to get the best angle to implant the grafts where Dr Feller had made the slits for implantation , this gives the impression of the spikey looking hairs at the rear of the graft site .this incidentlly was how it looked if i shaved my hair down before it started to thin . the left crown swirled clockwise while the right crown swirled anti-clockwise so were the hairs met in the middle it spiked up ,you can see that Dr Feller's skill has enabled him to recreate that pattern . That to me is TRUELY OUTSTANDING SKILL from DR FELLER and his DEDICATED TEAM .

PB110193.jpg

i had 2100 grafts implanted into an almost square area measuring 5cms x 7cms ,this gave me approximatly 60 grafts per square cm ,the majority of grafts where 2 hairs per graft .Pictures like this show why DR FELLER and his TEAM are one of the best and most respected hair restoration surgeries in the world .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

hope this works as this is my first time at uploading pics

The first pic is the neat and clean donor wound with staples by Dr Feller . Note how healthy it looks after only 10 days and how the safety zone is utiliezed for maximum safety and to limit any scar stretch in future , everything is taken into concideration for future surgery if needed .

PB110198.jpg

this photo is an excelent example of three things ,on the left is blood from poor removal of my staples ,I MUST STRESS IT WAS ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND WHO DID THIS , we were using the surgical tool incorrectly ,Dr Feller and his staff did explain how to use the tool correcly but i made a mistake when explaining how to use it to my girlfriend . In the centre of the donor strip are only small drops of blood from the staple holes after correct use of the removal tool ,this is what to expect . Still note how clean ,healthy and neat the donor wound is ,this is a credit to Dr feller's surgical skill .On the left you can see some remaining staples . No blood came from the donor wound , only from the staple holes . Done correctly after soaking the area in the bath i only felt some mild pinching from the staples during removal .

PB110199.jpg

this is a pic of the staple removal tool and staples , the staple on the left is how it looks inside your skin before removal ,the staple on the right is how it should look after correct removal .

PB110207.jpg

this is 10 days post op, Note i decided to use creams and lotions to help with redness or tightness only the once , this was so i could have a personal comparison to talk about ,the aloe vera cream on the donor site with staples WAS definatly soothed by the cooling cream and by keeping the wound soft did help wih comfort , the witch hazel on the scalp graft site seemed ,for me ,to dry the site out .i'm glad i tried them both but for me i stopped using them . This is not to say it won't work well for others as we are all different and have diferent physiology .

PB110188.jpg

This is an interesting photo as it shows the grafts and hair direction implanted by Dr Feller . Note how towards the front of the graft site the grafts follow the natural direction of my own exsisting hairs . Towards the rear of the graft site Dr Feller created two new crowns to give me back my origonal double crown swirls .his amazing staff had me in all manner of positions to get the best angle to implant the grafts where Dr Feller had made the slits for implantation , this gives the impression of the spikey looking hairs at the rear of the graft site .this incidentlly was how it looked if i shaved my hair down before it started to thin . the left crown swirled clockwise while the right crown swirled anti-clockwise so were the hairs met in the middle it spiked up ,you can see that Dr Feller's skill has enabled him to recreate that pattern . That to me is TRUELY OUTSTANDING SKILL from DR FELLER and his DEDICATED TEAM .

PB110193.jpg

i had 2100 grafts implanted into an almost square area measuring 5cms x 7cms ,this gave me approximatly 60 grafts per square cm ,the majority of grafts where 2 hairs per graft .Pictures like this show why DR FELLER and his TEAM are one of the best and most respected hair restoration surgeries in the world .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

looks good please keep us updated with photos as these ones are great,i will be getting my crown done with dr feller,i need approx 1800 grafts there to dense pack it out so your progress i will be following closely

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Richie,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Feller. I trust you will have an excellent result.

Removing the staples are no fun. I was one of the crazy people who decided to remove my own staples. Of course, it helps having a trifold mirror. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone else though - I am just a glutton for punishment I guess icon_wink.gif. Some staples came out really easily and others caused some pain. It probably took me an hour or so to remove them.

Just make sure you put some light pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding and clean it nice and gently.

Bill

Richie,

Everything looks great. Good choice for a doctor. You'll be happy with the end results. Scar has healed nicely.

Just an FYI--I doubt that the density will be 60 fu/cm2 as it looks like a larger area was transplanted. Remember that the total area of a NW6 is approx. 200 cm2, so the area transplanted looks more like 80-100. I didn't want to burst any bubbles but just want realistic expectations.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Just to clear up any confusion ,i was a hamilton-norwood scale two vertex which means i had thinning at the crown and slight temple recesion as you can clearly see in my photo below taken in june 2007 .I also had a case of alopecea areata infront of my right crown ,this would have certainly being lost due to male patern baldness anyway eventually . i've explained this on an earlier thread .

DSC01313.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

i've measured the graft site again and in one place it is only just 8cms wide narrowing to 7cms wide , the lenth varies between 5cms and at the very most in one area 6cms and the area is not a circle but as you can see a square .I have worked out given that i had 2100 grafts ,thats grafts not hairs and with a good yeald i should see between 50-60 grafts per cm ,optermistic you may think but ,and i'm sure you'll agree ,figures cannot lie .i appriciate your concern for my over expectations, being a newby and excited by the whole experience, but this was discussed with Dr Feller and he has endeavored to give me the density and coverage i expect ,given my relativly small area of thinning and the fact i wear my hair longer ,surfer style .

Below i have added pics that show my density from a side shot ,as you will agree it's always difficult ,even with my earlier outstanding pics to show all the hairs due to the use of the flash ,these pics are very difficult to take ,however it clearly shows a very dense crown area .

PB110194.jpg

PB110189.jpg

i hope that clears everything up .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

• 2 weeks later...

hey frog ,i was waiting till the one month mark but as you have asked i'll take some pics later and post them in the next few days . buzzed my hair down to a #2 grade and you can hardly tell that i've had a transplant ,the recipiant area is still a little red but only noticable if your looking at it ,the scar is visable ,again if you look straight for it but it's disguised enough that people don't really notice and the bonus is that my girl is finding the shaven GI look a real turn on hahahaha later with the pics

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007