Can you take too much Vitamin E?

tkerr22

Hopefully others more knowledgable than I will post...............one thing I remember for sure is that you can take too much of the following vitamins:

A,D,E,K (addict.....get it?)

So....at some point, yes, you can take more Vitamin E than you should. Anyway..........you might want to check it out with your GP or maybe HT doc to be sure. I can't begin to guess what the recommended dosage for Vitamin E is or what may be too much.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I am a nutrition minor at Penn State and the U.S. recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of the alpha-tocopherol formulation of vitamin E is as follows:

men: 10 mg or 15 IU

women: 8 mg or 12 IU

Here's a note from the text:

Skin care. Vitamin E is thought to increase an individual's tolerance to UV rays when taken as a supplement in conjunction with vitamin C. Vitamin E has also been touted as a treatment to promote faster healing of flesh wounds. While its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties may have some benefits in reducing swelling and relieving discomfort in a wound, some dermatologists dispute the claims of faster healing, and there are no large controlled studies to support this claim.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

The US recommended daily allowance tends to be VERY conservative. I take 1000 IU of vitamin E a day. Vitamin companies would not sell it in 1000 IU single pill form if it caused problems. I say that because of the obvious litigation that would arise from any problems people experience if it were toxic at that level. Having said that, I have heard that very high levels of Vitamin E can be harmful. The question is - what level is that? Dhuge, if you are a nutrition minor, maybe you could research it for us :-).

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery