Two flaps

exibel

I remember when I was first losing my hairline I was really considering the Fleming mayer flap but couldnt afford it Thank you God for being broke. Im sorry about your situation but there are plenty of things that can greatly improve you situation .Get with a top doc and get his opinion .Where do you live .

Would you be happy with the classic bald look because there is laser removel for the front and fue in the scars the back of head for the scars .

Or maybe fue of the front to thin it out and do a strip from the back and spread out the grafts . Then a scar revision later

i just saw your other post . There are a couple of good docs in uk but for your case I would travel. You need to go to an experienced doctor who has dealt with this before. Maybe one of thes great doctors would take your case for free if money is an issue. I would be great exposure you could post on all the available sites

hi exibel,sorry to hear about your experience.you seem pretty upbeat considering though which is good.

from my non professional point of view there looks like a lot could be done to improve your situation.

you seem to have a good amount of donor hair left to play with and that patch of hairline i would have thought could be redistributed via fue?i dont know.

as i say i am just a laymen but i have seen a lot of amazing repair work on here lately, especially from dr umar.

my dr is based in the uk and i have seen him repair a few plug patients on here by redistribution.

i dont know if he could help your situation but i know he would definatly be more than happy to advise you in person on what might be possible.

good luck and keep that good attitude up.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

The Laxity is fairly loose ,the density is fairly thick.About the lazer removal of the frontal scare i have actually thought about this in the past.

Also about being upbeat about it you have to be ,like i said in a previous post people have it alot worse than i do .I have a good life so i really wont let this get to me.

Would be nice to have a good head of hair but not to be...

With good laxity and a dense donor area, one should be able to remove a good portion of the flap donor scars while harvesting the donor strips (over the course of 2- 3 procedures), while utilizing the grafts from those procedures to reconstruct the right hairline, frontal forelock, posterior FF and "lateral humps". The lower portion of the left flap donor scar would remain and be grafted into as opposed to removal (that may lead to same type of scarring due to the lower than usual position). There would be a need to finesse the left hairline- probably a combo of FUE graft removal/single hair grafting to create a more natural look.

Could you upload of frontal view (looking into camera) so we can assess the level of that left hairline?

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Rarely do I advocate massive FUE procedures, but I think the best approach would be several FUE surgeries which would include removal from the flaps themselves to produce a more even distribution of hair.

I would not recommend any strip surgery because alot of the vascularity that allows large strips to be removed safely from the back has been compromised by the flap surgery. While a strip surgery is not impossible, the risks involved are much higher. I wouldn't risk it as either the surgeon or the patient.

The reason HT works so well is because of the tremendous plexus of interconnected vasculature throughout the scalp. Flap surgery signficantly reduces this interconnectivity and increases the chance of necrosis of large areas of scalp. The ULTIMATE shockloss.

Go FUE. If FUE has ANY place in the HT world, it's for patients like yourself.

Best of luck,

Dr. Feller

He seems to be content on where he is but on the otherhand he is on here. Hes got an awful lot of space to cover.

Dr Feller . Why wouldnt massive fue bring about the same issues as strip , as far as shockloss?

Just curious as you docs are the experts but if necrosis was going to happen wouldnt it of happened to the surrounding hair.

It looks healthy and dense.

If it was my head I would laser the front and fue the scars or two revisions , and call it a day

Ive seen some great results with laser resurfacing also

It`s good to know there are some options,choosing what is best is the difficult bit.

For many year ive been fairly content with it but maybe something should be done.Having to skip out of mates weddings and anywhere where your not supposed to wear a baseball cap has become abit boring really.

I will post a front view later on in the day...

Necrosis (outside the flaps) did not occur during or after the flap surgery because of the great compensatory ability of the scalp. It is this ability that allows HT to work in the first place.

But now that he has had the flap surgery, the compensatory ability of the scalp has been significantly reduced. Perhaps even to the point where it cannot tolerate the trauma of a strip procedure.

Due to the flaps, a large amount of vasculature no longer exists in the posterior temple areas. It is these blood vessels that aid in supplying the superior donor area after a strip procedure. Without them the chance for wound infection, poor healing, and necrosis are increased.

It basically becomes a gamble to do the aggressive strip procedures he would need. It doesn't mean a strip can't be done, and there is no guarantee that necrosis will result, but the CHANCES are markedly higher.

So high in fact that should necrosis occur and the patient decided to bring a law suit for medical malpractice the surgeon would have virtually no defense.

The first question asked by the plaintiff's attorney to the surgeon would be" Didn't you know that the vasculature to the donor area had been compromised by the flap surgery prior to your elective strip incision?"

Any answer the surgeon could give would show him to be negligent.

That's a good question PGP, but the answer is NO.

Because no areas of contiguous skin are cut in RESPONSIBLE FUE cases, there is very little vascular compromise. Also, since the wounds are so small, relative to a strip procedure, they heal very quickly and require less vascularization. Finally, since there is no tension on FUE wounds to close, unlike strip, there is no further compromise of the vasculature due to tight stretching.

This is the power of FUE and this case is where it's application would be most appropriate.

Dr. Feller