USING ROGAINE - I'M SCARED!

isolence

Hi all! I started using rogaine (minoxidil 5% liquid) from a week now. I could see no hairs on my comb or sink. However I lost lots of hair on the frontal scalp making the scalp visible. Scalp could be seen through the frontal hairs clearly. Lots of hair strands were lost and the hair is really thin in the frontal scalp. If I use it consistently, would it grow back. I'm really scared please give me confidence. Also, can you suggest any products in addition to it so that the hair grows faster in the lost area (firstly, would I get back the hairs that I lost using rogaine???) Guys please help me. I do not want to start propecia for a while because I am afraid of its side effects. So I am using nizoral twice a week with rogaine daily. I am living on the gut feeling that the hair lost using rogaine will grow back. Guys please help me. If anyone has lot lots of frontal hair after using rogaine please let me know.

Hi all! I started using rogaine (minoxidil 5% liquid) from a week now. I could see no hairs on my comb or sink. However I lost lots of hair on the frontal scalp making the scalp visible. Scalp could be seen through the frontal hairs clearly. Lots of hair strands were lost and the hair is really thin in the frontal scalp. If I use it consistently, would it grow back. I'm really scared please give me confidence. Also, can you suggest any products in addition to it so that the hair grows faster in the lost area (firstly, would I get back the hairs that I lost using rogaine???) Guys please help me. I do not want to start propecia for a while because I am afraid of its side effects. So I am using nizoral twice a week with rogaine daily. I am living on the gut feeling that the hair lost using rogaine will grow back. Guys please help me. If anyone has lot lots of frontal hair after using rogaine please let me know.

isolence,

The good news is, permanent hair loss is not a side effect of Rogaine. However, a temporary shedding can occur over the course of a couple months.

I admit that I too would be nervous if I saw a lot of hair shedding when using the medication. It might even coerce me to stop using it. But Rogaine's website advises use for a full 4 months before deciding whether it's working for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Bill,

Thanks a lot for replying so fast. I'm kind of scary because I could see my frontal scalp clearly. I read somewhere that the dead cells which would go after a while will be shed using rogaine and new hair comes. Is that right? Please let me know your opinion. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey...

I experienced something similar... i bought rogaine becasue i thought it will help me with my receding hair line. After i received the pack i read it's not for frontal hair loss.

However, eventhoug i didn't have to, i used it for the top of my head anyway. (didn't use it in the front at all)

After 3 days only (maybe 4 days)... i suddenly realized that my hair receded a lot in the front. it also lost thickness which makes me look even balder.

i stopped using it right away but have no idea if the thickness of my hair will come back. i really hope i will look the same as i did the day before i started using it (1 week ago).

do you think it's only temporary?

Thanks